Virtual Keyboard Not displayed correctly (1 Viewer)

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The keyboard looks fine no matter what resolution or skin I test with. I have tried 1920x1080, 1920x1200, 720x576 and others as well.

Screenshot for 1920x1080 with monochrome skin attached.

Edit: I will make a custom build dialogs.dll for you where all fonts are the same (the small one).

Attachments

• monochrome.PNG
      monochrome.PNG
      703.6 KB

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The issue with the too small keyboard comes when changing to a different skin (with a different size) from within MediaPortal. This is a minor bug that won't be fixed in MP 1.0, I am afraid. Restarting MP fixes that issue.

I think I was wrong about that, as the skin resize issue when changing skins from within MP has apparently already been fixed:
    0001713: Resizing MediaPortal in windowed mode is not handled correctly (Vista) - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Now the only remaining issue is the misplacement of the larger fonts.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yes, that looks MUCH better, except the font is too small.

The size of the bigger font of the 2 from the old (current in MP) dll would be better.

Sorry I didn't get back on the sooner. working 10-12 hour days 6 days a week on computers pretty much left me not wanting to touch a pc at home when i was not working. Thanks for pointing me back to this thread, too.

thanks for the hard work on this. If we can get that font bigger it would be perfect.

thanks again.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think you have a font issue on your PC. Try changing the font in the skin you use to some different font (edit fonts.xml i notepad search and replace font name with e.g. Times New Roman, and see if that fixes your issue. If it does, I am afraid the issue has more to do with your setup than MP.

I have attached a fonts.xml (modified from Blue3 to use Times New Roman) you can try this file, if you are too lazy to do a search and replace :)

For reference your issue is with the font used as "font18" in the file. So only change that if you want to test more specific changes. Enjoy testing, and please report your results.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    thanks, I will try that I have not edited any .xml files before, so I am boldly going where I have never gone before. (just saw a "trek" movie) LOL.

I will post what I find.

I am using the black and white 1080p skin.

Do I just modify the font18 section? is that the font that is used in the virtual KB?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom