VLC 0.9.x External Player Plugin (2 Viewers)

incogito

Portal Member
April 17, 2009
Home Country
France France
We are not on MP-FR site here then, we have no admin ability like move, replace, change delete posts because, we are not "@home".
Please, create a specific post in appropriate section of this forum, if you want to talk about specific provider ability.

You are fully right, apologizes, i'd subscribed Mp-Fr forum 1day before the crash, 3 weeks ago - i hesitate to post on these subject, but no MP-Fr come back i didn't see any other adequate sections.
Can you indicate me in which section or forum it will be appropriate? (if you want by PM)
Maybe this one?? Improvement Suggestions - MediaPortal Forum

best regards ..

daVirus

March 16, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
:sorry:
Sorry for this post. I'm a complete noob when it comes to plugins in MP and was wondering how you get to watch an actual stream using this plugin.

I've just freshly installed MP 1.0.1, latest version of VLC and this plugin.

I was able to view a random stream (http://217.172.162.150:8022;stream.nsv) when going into the plugin config.

What I don't really understand though is how to point out a specific ¿file? through MP which will load the video stream. Should I go through My Video och My Music for instance? Which format does file suppose to be in, etc?

Thank you for your help.

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Hi Crusoli,
    It may be possible to have strange issue like OSD flickering or video flikering, try to change the renderer (Video Driver) options in Parameters Tab like "DirectX", "DirectX Failsafe", "OpenGL" or disable OSD options.
    It can help.

Miranda

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    :D Cboury for this wonderful job.

I have a problem of Video hickup when dts sound is activated but with VLC it don't give this problem.
    So with this pluging, I have a workaround to this problem...I'm very happy :)

But I'm still not completely satisfied, I missed something small, it's maybe very dare from me to ask something like that because this pluging already have a lot of possibilities.

With the internal player of MP it's possible to do fast forward and rewind (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x) but I think it's not possible with your pluging, am I wrong?

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Well Miranda,
    Thanks you.
    You're right fast forward and rewind aren't in the plugin, so we'll have a look on. Consider it's on the TODO list.

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Miranda,

I already added the code into the svn. So it will be there in the next version. Right now I did only x1,x2,x4,x8 and -2x,-4x. I also muted the sound while fast forward/rewind.

Regards
    kroko

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi. Has anyone had a similar problem that i have. I have Nvidia 7300, and symptom is this. With standalone vlc i can play all streams i want, but when using with this plugin, all i get is black screen. I have tried different screening settings. Dx failsafe, GDI etc. Nothing helps.
    regards,

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi te3hpurp,

did you try to disable the osd at all ? At least with a disabled osd you should see the video window.
    In case of a black screen you could also try the osd option.

If it still not works post your logs, inlcude also the vlc.log

Regards
    kroko

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any way of changing the default aspect ratioo that the player starts up in?
    everything defaults to normal where I need it to start in stretched?

Cheers

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

What do you mean, exactly ?
    When you configured VLC as external player inside MP ?
    Because, normaly, it can be used, with external video plugins using VLC plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom