VLC 0.9.x External Player Plugin (2 Viewers)

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Like Moristo plugin, this plugin can send video/audio to the VLC engine.
    Its strengths are that it handles many extensions (flv, mkv, avi, ......)and Web streams ( usually in IPTV services ).
    It also supports anything VLC supports by optional string system.

THIS PLUGIN MUST BE USE WITH VLC 0.9.X --> Do not use with 0.8.x Series
    For 0.8.x series use Moristo VLC plugin.

-----Authors-----

framug, Kroko, cboury

-----Source Code-----

http://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mp-plugins/trunk/plugins/OVS/Vlc09.tar.gz?view=tar

-----Binaries(MPI)-----

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - VLC 0.9.x External Player Plugin

-----Installation-----

1) Make sure you installed a version of VLC from VideoLAN like 0.9.x.
    2) Launch VLC, be sure it works.
    3) Install the MPE1.
    4) Enable the VideoLan plugin in the MP configuration.
    5) Configure streams, extensions, OSD and renderer. You can test in testing Tab.

-----Notes-----

- A bigger buffer size usually helps preventing lags while playing web streams. However, the bigger it is set, the longer you'll have to wait before the stream starts. It starts playing when the buffer has the specified size (in ms). Therefore, you'll have to tweak with this setting a little.
    - Take Care with initialisation parameters, an error and VLC will crash with MP. Use at your own risk.
    - Something it may be possible to have some troubleshooting with render and/or OSD, try other renderer and/or other OSD options in Configuration Tab.

-----Thanks-----

MisterD: for his great OSD

Attachments

• Test Vlc.png
      Test Vlc.png
      136.9 KB
    • Test Vlc1.png
      Test Vlc1.png
      30.6 KB
    • Test Vlc2.png
      Test Vlc2.png
      31.9 KB
    • Test Vlc3.png
      Test Vlc3.png
      28.8 KB

incogito

Portal Member
    April 17, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Okay, i didn't understand the what of you were talking until i see the attachment . . I'll try asap .. great ..

Explanation - My Provider is free.fr (Adsl & OpticaFiber) and one of the services is a "Media Streaming Service on IP", so all the IP Station using a Mediaplayer (Videolan Vlc) access to around 250 Tv & 100 Radio Channels

My major request is to have an IPTV integration of VLC in the TV Service to be able to use the TV and Radio from the Free.fr Rtsp Stream in the TV-Server with all specs (record, planning, viewing etc..)

I've tested a large number of Plugin solution : Vlc, MPlayer and also IPTV - For Free.fr we need some requirements:
    - RTSP + Specific dialog RTP/AVP/UDP UNICAST
    - Port specification for Rtsp (to pass through the firewall beetween client ans Media server)
    - Playlist management - Vlc do but Mplayer fail for part

TV Server Solution
    FREE.FR Provider use RTP/AVP/UDP UNICAST with a specific dialog between client (VLC, MPLAYER) and the Media Service Provider and So, we need to use the IPTV Plugin but using Videolan Api as IPTV@UT seems to be able to

IPTV 101 Plugin with ELECARD as RTSP OR Unicast Driver that doesn't support this dialog
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nally-working-ip-tv-solution-tv-server-44158/

IPTV@UT has be able to but has not be recompiled with Vlc 0.0 and MP 1.01
    MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - IPTV@UT Plugin

VLC-Iptv-Sap Server tried unsuccessful a solution like that one DIY IPTV system using VideoLAN (VLC & VLS) | Your Electronics Open Source

Client Solution
    My MPlayer Works Fine but doesn't full manage playlist (m3u, Asx, pls, xpsf etc. ) but one line by source - Display "rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=204&flavour=sd" and Not the Label "Arte" of the Tv
    MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Remository

MyPrograms Great plugin using Videolan or Mplayer as external program - I used the DB3 Database to import the complete list of Radio and Tv
    The only issue is that is not possible to include Tv & radio in TVServer with scheduling etc..
    Extensions-Plugins/MyPrograms - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Remository

And others - "My StreamRadio - Videolan External (v8) - Upnp ..."
    so hope to .. but .. cboury know that..

Report :
    Install OK - Use a usuable name with version number please (ex VLC_0.9-Ext_v1.0.mpi)
    Config OK - port, test of the player, language

So, if i understand this external player is associate to the Extension we choose in the Tab extension and launch in these cases ..

What will be cool is to be able to manage Playlist
    Like "my mplayer do" https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/my-mplayer-19503/
    Changes from version 0.80 to 0.85:
    - Improved playlist handling
    - Playlists can now be handled as folders

Playlist relative or managing specific Plugin or Menu
    like MyStreamRadio - v1 using vlc and v2 bass
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/my-streamradio-22803/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/my-streamradio-v2-48066/

In this two Plugin, it's easy to have a simple free-radio.m3u or orange-radio.m3u and free-Tv.m3u that will be managed has a Folder with all the radio or tv channel as items

OR Maybe i didn't understand how to implement and use playlist

thanks for all the work - works fine

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Integration in TV server won't be easy in your case: Free WebTV are ONLY viewable with VLC (and maybe Mplayer), Mediaportal Server side solution use filter like Elecard. So Elecard filter cannot read these buggy Stream.

"Playlist Handling" will not be support in VLC External Plugin but in VODfr Plugin. VODfr will integrate VLC and MPplayer External Plugin. It's an another plugin still in develloppement, only for video purpose, it's a client side solution.

framug is doing a great job on french FAI support, VODfr will support many french FAI. So VODfr isn't finished yet and it will be an another thread ;)

but "pour faire patienter" it will look like:

Attachments

• VODConfig1.png
      VODConfig1.png
      18 KB
    • VODConfig2.png
      VODConfig2.png
      26.6 KB
    • VODpreview.png
      VODpreview.png
      93 KB

cedric

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2006
    Lausanne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello,

I tried to use your plugin, but I have an error when I click on "plugin" in the configuration menu (not the vlc plugin but the main plugin menu on the left) I've got a DOS message, see attachment.

I use MP1.0.1
    Win XP SP3
    Bue3Wide

VLC is working fine and the VLC folder is

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe"

Attachments

• 2009-05-02_095330.png
      2009-05-02_095330.png
      31.2 KB

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Hi Cedric,
    Well you could have many problemes:
    - You have an old libvlc.dll in mediaportal folder, remove it. (mostly if you were using Moristo plugin who need this dll file)
    - You have some bad initializations parameters : remove file VLC.xml in folder %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal , return in configuration, change something (like buffer value) and apply configuration. (possible if you change initializing parameters or if you were using an alpha of this plugin)

if it didn't works send me your VLC.xml by MP.

incogito

Portal Member
    April 17, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok

Playlist
    I'm sad that playlist not included in this Plugin
    - Extension is it the only way to use this plugin?
    -- If no - which other usage?
    -- If yes - Is it possible to have special extension where rtsp parameter are

Ex: Radio
    #EXTINF:0,10003 - Virgin Radio
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=100004
    #EXTVLCOPT:ts-es-id-pid
    #EXTVLCOPT:no-video
    #EXTVLCOPT:audio-track-id=1003
    Ex: Tv
    #EXTINF:0,10 - TMC
    rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=497&flavour=sd
    Can i Have "Virgin vradio.radio" & "TMC.vtv" with special extensions in where part of those information are and your plugin can use them (hard like playlist, i know) to launch

Mplayer
    "mplayer.exe" & "MPUI" & "SMPlayer" works on Free Multiposte - Need to add "-rtsp-port 3133x" for the port as in commandline "mplayer.exe -rtsp-port 313x" or in Settings (Mpui Smplayer) and add can open :
    mplayer.exe (followed by) http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u // -playlist playlist playlist.m3u (local) // rtsp://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=201&flavour=sd
    etc...
    As for VLC we can use (C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --rtp-client-port 31336 "http://mafreebox.freebox.fr/freeboxtv/playlist.m3u") or (212.27.38.253 = mafreebox.freebox.fr)

VODfr Plugin - seems to be on MP-French forum, right? Out of order from a while - is there some progress? - or is there any other place?

At present time, no solution to integrate Free.fr Multiposte Tv & Radio and be able to manage Record and EPG on them .. sad..sad . so sad because orange.fr users can ..

lopez.tuparles

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 20, 2006
    Mimet
    Extension is a way to use this plugin, it can be use in replacement of External Player too ....

there is a way to force vlc reading a stream:
    + for rtsp stream:
    ZZZZ://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=497&flavour=sd.vlc
    for other parameters you can set parameters in Configuration, but take care an error and vlc will crash.

French forum is down that's really a same, but SourceForge repository are still up :D VODfr is not dead, just still in dev hands.

At present time if free webstream won't be "buggy", users could already use an integration like orange users.

incogito

Portal Member
    April 17, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Extension is a way to use this plugin, it can be use in replacement of External Player too ....

there is a way to force vlc reading a stream:
    + for rtsp stream:
    ZZZZ://mafreebox.freebox.fr/fbxtv_pub/stream?namespace=1&service=497&flavour=sd.vlc
    for other parameters you can set parameters in Configuration, but take care an error and vlc will crash.

don't understand ?? what do you mean?
    are you talking about a file ?? don't see ".vlc" extension description anywhere
    what means "+ for rtsp stream:"
    what means "ZZZZ"
    do you talk about config of plugin? which field ?

I also saw that Vlc can use ".sdp" extension which describe the stream session in standard form supporting rtsp one - not find the information to create a correct one - seems possible to generate from vlc ... could be possible to create sdp file for each channel ..

For VODFR - i get the site/adress okay .. and framug one ..
    Is nobody thought to use & recompile the IPTV@out (first step)
    and use in place of Elecard (2ns step?)
    SourceForge.net Repository - [mp-plugins] Index of /trunk/plugins/IPTV@UT

waiting for mp-fr forum reopen ...
    thanks

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi incogito,

Please to meet you on this thread.
    This thread is reserved for VLC 0.9.x plugin.
    Reading your posts, it seems you are not a beginner and, as you know, VLC plugin is global for VideoLan Player software.
    It appears you redirect it for talking about rtsp streams like Free provider.
    We are not on MP-FR site here then, we have no admin ability like move, replace, change delete posts because, we are not "@home".
    Please, create a specific post in appropriate section of this forum, if you want to talk about specific provider ability.
    We will try to answer you as we can, if never.
    Thanks and best regards.

Franck.

crusoli

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interface works well now. But I get a flickering video output. Any idea whats wrong with that? I'm using VLC 0.9.9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom