[solved] vob files (dvd rips) no audio (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Still struggling with this. I've set up MP to run in window mode with LAV settings running in my tray. When I run an mpeg2 video through moving pictures the AC3 filter settings show up in my tray and I can see the input and output audio levels running just fine.

My system is set up to run as a stereo output and I can see output channels left and right bobbing up and down indicating that the filter is sending the audio to the sound card correctly but I'm still not hearing anything through my speakers.

Switching filters makes no difference, I've tried ffdshow, ac3 filter and LAV but no luck. Only seems to happen with mpeg2 in moving pictures. Next step will be to reinstall mediaportal :(

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Switching filters makes no difference, I've tried ffdshow, ac3 filter and LAV but no luck. Only seems to happen with mpeg2 in moving pictures. Next step will be to reinstall mediaportal

Can you check your windows sound mixer while running MP and your vob files. Maybe the mixer for MediaPortal is set to zero (mute).

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Switching filters makes no difference, I've tried ffdshow, ac3 filter and LAV but no luck. Only seems to happen with mpeg2 in moving pictures. Next step will be to reinstall mediaportal

Can you check your windows sound mixer while running MP and your vob files. Maybe the mixer for MediaPortal is set to zero (mute).

Surely i wouldnt be able to hear anything in TV series when playing vob files if that was the case though?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is LAV perhaps configured to bitstream the signal as-is to your reciever, and you need processing to convert it first in order to hear it?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Is LAV perhaps configured to bitstream the signal as-is to your reciever, and you need processing to convert it first in order to hear it?

Not really sure. This has happened all of a sudden, i didnt have this issue last week, something seems to have happened since i updated my AVG antivirus software and its knocked some settings off somewhere. Very irritating.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    FINALLY SORTED!! Turned out that the audio renderer setting in the DVD config settings was set to DirectSound. Flicked it over to MP audio renderer and it worked perfectly again.

Looks like vob files which have dvd rip folder structures (video_ts etc) in moving pictures use the DVD settings rather than Video settings.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom