Volume change not effective after resuming from hibernate (1 Viewer)

gonzo21

Portal Pro
April 20, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC4
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 2350-BE
HDD: Western Digital 250 GB
Memory: 2 GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: ATI HD 3200 (IGP)
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.7
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio
Sound Card AC3: HDMI out / ATI HDMI audio
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5413
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 2.122.26109.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow tryouts 2133
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow tryouts 2133
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow tryouts 2133 / libavcodec
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2E
HTPC Case: Silverstone ML02
Cooling: Silverstone NM-AM2 low profile
Power Supply: Silvertone 120W
Remote: iMon PAD
TV: Samsung LE-40F86BD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

As I use my htpc mostly for TV, I hibernate directly after stopping live TV and configured mediaportal to show last active module on resume. When the pc comes back from hibernation, fullscreen tv gets started directly. Everything fine here, I can watch TV and have sound as expected.

Following issue: Sound seems to be set to 100% loudness, its louder than before hibernating, and I cannot change the volume via Mediaportal Volume Switch on my remote. I use the integrated keys in mediaportal to do this. The volume change is displayed on the upper right corner as expected, but no volume change happens. I can only use the volume switch of my TV. If I close and then restart Mediaportal, volume change works fine again.

Actually I configured Mediaportal to restart on resume to workaround this, but I would like to avoid this and save time. I did not see any bug, forum discussion or sth else on this, so I hope you're able to fix this issue!?

juzernev

May 9, 2008
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I got the exactly same issue.
I'm using same motherboard with same drivers.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

Please help.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This sounds like the drivers are starting after MP, the only way around this I can think of, is to have MP set under the general tab to restart on resume.

See if that helps and post back.

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wow, so long time ago, and someone found my thread :)

Paranoid Delusion: right now, restarting MP is my workaround, but takes some time on htpc-start.

I made some more tests later on (and forgot my thread then). The problem does not seem to be related only to MP, it seems to be related to the Realtek HDMI-driver. For example, Winamp reacts exactly the same after hibernating, no volume change is possible until restart of winamp.
    Perhaps a reinit of the complete sound thing after coming back from hibernate would help? is this possible?

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm, maybe restarting the hdmi-device can help, I will check that this weekend and drop some feedback here!

juzernev

May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thanks for the replies, will give it a try.
    I choose hibernate instead of shutdown and complette reboot cause mediaportal started faster than remote utility, and the remote does not worked until complete restart of mportal.

Anyway, great software, ty.

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I'd like to reactivate this thread.
    After some more tests and an update of MP to latest SVN, I still cannot change the volume if I don't restart MP after coming back from hibernate.

The tip with devcon (restarting the audio card) did not help. Only restarting MP helps, which takes time.

As tested, other programs don't need to be restarted, to control the volume after hibernate. Tested with foobar2000, where volume change after coming back from hibernate works fine. So it really seems to be especially related to MP.

I have some more strange things with sound in MP, maybe this helps narrowing down this problem:
    - MP always sets loudness to 100 % after startup! When I change the volume for the first time, it goes to last saved level (plus or minus my change), which may be really much less loud
    - music playback inside MP is not possible after coming back from hibernate! MP does not start playback of the track, stays at 0:00. There are then 2 possibilities to get music playback working: 1) Restart MP or 2) start LiveTv, stop it and start playback, with the disadvantage, that I cannot adjust the volume any more inside mediaportal.

Any idea or hints? Any logs etc I should add? I could not find any info/errors in the logs about this..

Regards,
    Andre

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok, seems to be, there is no way around this? any idea from a develevoper what kind of information would be needed to get help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom