MediaPortal Skin: Bluetwo
Windows Version: Vista build 6000
CPU Type: Intel
Sound Card: Intel / Sigmatel audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Vista v6.10 from Intel website
HTPC Case: Zalman hd160

Hi,

I have an interesting problem since i installed vista. Whenever i volume down and back up, the volume indicator gets stuck at a certain point. For example the more i volume down, and try to volume back up the softer the point is that it gets stuck at, until i eventually reach silence and try to volume back up it wont go anywhere. Whenever i start mediaportal its at full volume so its not a trainsmash, the only problem is i cant turn the volume down too much because i can only turn it back up a few notches.

I have tried playing around with the settings using master / wave mixer. It seems it only happens whenever i use logarithmic/windows classic style volume. When i switch it to default, the only problem is that the volume just refuses to go past a certain point on the indicator (about 3 or 4 blocks from maximum) even though i can volume up and down with no problem.

I hope i posted enough information, if there are any questions about my setup please ask.

Thanks in advance! :)

Petrovski

Portal Member
August 22, 2005
I have this too [Vista Business] although I have a very low volume even though OSD vol is at max. Windows mixer sliders at max and does not occur with other media players - investigating.

emjade

April 21, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the same problem. I'm on Vista Ultimate. I fixed it by mapping my remote's volume button to control the TV instead of MP.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    This it's how Vista sound management works. Open MP windowed (deselect fullscreen in MP Setup), then open Vista sound manager & look @ the sliders when you move volume up & down, both master out & MP volume bar move @ same time......

Regards
    Roy

vladyman

Portal Member
    November 14, 2006
    Hm, not quite. Firstly the Master doesn't move if I change the volume (with both Settings Master/Wave in MP). Secondly I get improvement if I set the volume handler to "Classic" instead of Windows Default or Logarithmic. With Classic the scale is smaller, but at least I get some control of the volume. So it must be something different, which might of course be connected with Vista's new Sound Management.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Weird here it moves (if i have MP TV playing in window mode) both master & MP TV volume @ same time in vista sound manager..

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom