Volume control stuck (1 Viewer)

vladyman

Portal Member
November 14, 2006
Ok, my solution to this: Use the following volume custom scale

0, 4095, 8191, 1638, 12287, 16383, 20479, 24575, 28671, 32767, 36863, 40959, 45055, 49151, 53247, 57343, 61439, 65535

Then it works. Other scales can get stuck, so I had to come up with this one, which suits me best. There are of course others that work.

My suspicion is that there are some sort of rounding issues, because with other scales Mediaportal reports a value as "lastknown" value which is not a part of my scale but one more or less. I suppose then it gets confused if the volume is suddenly at a value which is not part of the scale. But this is just a first suspicion, I didn't do any debugging.

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Solution is ok (Audigy2 on Vista). But only with tv.
What about volume control in MyMusic (using Bass)?
In my configuration is completely broken.
If I try to view the mixer, the slider of Mediaportal application moves up and down, but it has absolutely no effect.
The same with video player.

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Update.
Volume works in video player.
Volume works with internal dshow mp3 player.
The only problem is bass player

vladyman

Portal Member
November 14, 2006
Hm... This is strange. Mine works for MyMusic but doesn't work in Video streams. The Control moves, but the volume doesn't actually change, only if I move the control manually... :(

sdf

Portal Pro
September 29, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Update.
Problem is not Bass. Is ASIO.
Normal Bass works perfectly.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can confirm that MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1 still has this problem. Thanks to Vladyman's custom scale the volume slider now works. Lets hope some developer can include a fix in the final 0.2.3.0.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a strange problem under WINXP with Sigmatel (with Intel Audio Studio), where I will be happily using Media Portal watching TV Shows and at some point or action when using Media Portal the volume gets stuck at Zero %.

This is really annoying as I formatted my machine at one point to fix the problem not realizing the vol was at zero :(

Looks like SigmaTel and Media Portal dont get along.

Damien

vpamir

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    i had the same problem which i stated in my thread here, but the custom volume scale vladyman posted just worked fine. the only problem now is that it doesn't matter whether i select the master or wave option in the MP volume setting it only effects the MP channel of the windows volume mixer.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    it doesn't matter whether i select the master or wave option in the MP volume setting it only effects the MP channel of the windows volume mixer.

This is a new feature in Vista. Every program get its own "volume channel" in the mixer. I like it because it allows me to watch TV muted while listening to music in QCD. However I guess that MPs volume settings screen needs to be updated to support Vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom