VolumeControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Chimen,
my latest mail describes possible solutions (proof-of-concept), which must be implemented in a future release.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Chimen

Portal Pro
July 11, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Oh I see. Cool.

If you need any help let me know. I was working on my own volume plugin until I found this one.
I've got a few ideas.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, ich frag jetzt mal auf deutsch. Ist es möglich die einzelnen Kanäle bei 5.1 einzelnt zu regeln? Denke bei mir z.B. an den Subwoofer

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Volumecontrol plugin for MediaPortal v0.4.2

Hello MaxMan23,
    this version does not support the ability to control audio channels independently, you can control only the master volume for your PC audio device. Please use 3rd party mixer or equalizer software for this.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Beta Testing for Pre-Release VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.0

Hi all,
    in the last few days I've made a lot of changes regarding this plugin, e.g. independent channel control and handling of profiles.
    Now, I need some beta testers to check this version under different conditions. If you are interested, please check this:

• you have a HTPC with operating system Windows Vista / Windows 7 and a sound card
    • your sound boxes are directly connected to your HTPC (stereo, 5.1 or 7.1 mode), you are not using a receiver

Please send me a private message, if you want to participate here.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.0

Dear community,
    after a long development and beta testing phase the new version 0.5.0 of VolumeControl is ready for downloading.
    This release contains a lot of plugin improvements, new functions and major skin changes, so please read the attached manual carefully.

New highlights and informations for users:
    • Channel Configuration functionality
    • Independent/simultaneous Channel Level Control
    • Audio Profile Management functionality
    • due to the changes, please reconfigure your plugin again

More informations for skinners:
    • Completely rework of property values (see chapter “Properties” inside attached manual), new buttons “Profiles” and “Channel Master Mode” are included, IDs for buttons “Volume up”, “Volume down” and “Mute” changed
    • old properties for channel 0 and channel 1 “VolumePeakLeft”, “VolumePeakImageLeft”, “VolumePeakImageLRLeft”, “VolumePeakImageRLLeft”, “VolumePeakRight”, “VolumePeakImageRight”, “VolumePeakImageLRRight”, “VolumePeakImageRLRight” are supported only until next major update

• I want to say thx to Tgx for beta testing.

Cheers and thx, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.0

Dear community,
    the plugin was updated to version 0.6.0. This release contains plugin improvements, please read the attached manual carefully.

• Configuration option for menu title
    • Configuration option to switch between menu and background mode

Please use the new MediaPortal extension installer, if you want to install or update the plugin using the mpe1 file.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.0

Does this also support volume management for receiver in Vista/Win7? There was an app called VolumeTracker that did that for WinXP, but it stopped working in Vista/Win7...

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.0

Does this also support volume management for receiver in Vista/Win7? There was an app called VolumeTracker that did that for WinXP, but it stopped working in Vista/Win7...

Hi Zinu,
    no, this plugin only manipulate your default sound card settings and cannot handle receivers via serial connections.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.1

Dear community,
    a hotfix version of VolumeControl was published today, it corrects a possible issue regarding volume adjustment routines.
    Skin changes are not required.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom