VolumeControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Chimen

Portal Pro
July 11, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.1

Hello Chimen,

I don't understand where the files are. Please provide a link.

please install the latest official version, download the MediaPortal v1.2b compatible version from here and replace the plugin libraries.

Cheers, Micropolis

Thanks. Works fine.

vii

Portal Member
May 4, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

I installed it from VolumeControl_0.6.1.mpe1 but it complanes on missing xml for Blue3wide. Is there a way to fix it?
Also is it possible to specify which audio device MP should use? It seems to be always using the default one.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hello vii,
sorry for my late reply.
Which xml is missing? As a workaround, please try to download the archive from the first post, unzip it and copy the required files manually to the related skin folder. The newest version v0.7.1 for MediaPortal v1.2 support switching of connected audio devices. Older MediaPortal versions cannot be supported anymore.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
VolumeControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.2

Dear community,
the official version of VolumeControl for MediaPortal v1.2.0 can be found here. For older versions of MediaPortal, please download the appropriate version from download repository.
For installation instructions, information regarding version history and other useful hints please consult the manual from the first post of this thread.

Cheers, Micropolis

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Re: VolumeControl plugin v0.7.2 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hi Micropolis,

use two audio outputs. The first is HDMI (TV) and the second Bluetooth (headset). In MediaPortal all of the audio outputs are set to DefaultDevice and switching between HDMI and Bluetooth doing via Remote Control at the system level (DefaultDevice change). I should indicate the currently assigned DefaultDevice in the MediaPortal GUI, I need that value #VolumeControl.DefaultSoundDeviceName was updated in real time. Now it happens only by start of MediaPortal. It is such change possible? Thanks.

Jiro.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    VolumeControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Dear community,
    the final and feature-complete version of this plugin was published, I'll close the main development cycle now.
    Skin changes are not required, thanks to all contributors and skinners to achieve this milestone.

JiRo: if you change the default audio device on system level, the plugin does not have a chance to indicate this. Until now I haven't found a interface or event, which can be used for this. Maybe I'll find time later to take a deeper look into the audio device api of Windows7.

Cheers, Micropolis

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: VolumeControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hello guys,

is there someone with a StreamedMP skin file? I really like to use this plugin! Because now I can simply switch between the digital output (digital receiver) and to speakers (using the headphone connected to my iphone with the app: Mobiola headset; working great when my girlfriend is trying to sleep and I want see some television! :) )

:D

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: VolumeControl plugin v1.0.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Hi guys,

I have made a skinfile for StreamedMP (see the images bellow for the results) Hope you like it.. If you find any bugs or have enchantment suggestions, let know!

Put the xml file into: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP

:D

Attachments

• VC 1.jpg
      VC 1.jpg
      389.7 KB
    • VC 2.jpg
      VC 2.jpg
      386.4 KB
    • VolumeControl.xml
      29.2 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    some days before a personal message arrives me from Balduris with an interesting enhancement request.
    The request itself is simple to explain: "Please show me a image, notification or OSD window, when volume or mute has changed and hide it after a specific time again."
    So I decide to extend VolumeControl to support this, the actual version 1.0.1 you can find in the first post of this thread or in our plugin repository. Please be aware, that the installation does not make any skin changes to display this, it must be included manually by the skin designer or user. For more information about these procedure, please take a look into chapter 6 of the appropriate manual.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom