[fixed] VolumeHandler problems (1 Viewer)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am not really sure what is going on here, but it appears as if the mixer device disappears after resume from stand by. When the issue happens, can you open the volume control of Windows and change the volume? (I bet the speaker icon in the icon tray has disappeared :confused:)

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I am not really sure what is going on here, but it appears as if the mixer device disappears after resume from stand by. When the issue happens, can you open the volume control of Windows and change the volume? (I bet the speaker icon in the icon tray has disappeared :confused:)

Well, it is not exactly so. The MP is able to control volume after stand by. But then when I perform steps described above like video dialog open or DVD playback (but here dialog is opened too), volume can't be controled anymore. BUT just within MP, I tried to switch to window mode and volume control of Windows worked fine!

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You can try the attached dialogs.dll (just replace the one in plugins\windows folder). It should fix your issue. It is a build of current code, so if it works with this one, the bug is already fixed for RC3.

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    You can try the attached dialogs.dll (just replace the one in plugins\windows folder). It should fix your issue. It is a build of current code, so if it works with this one, the bug is already fixed for RC3.

Unfortunatelly provided dll doesn't work (no dialog is displayed anymore).

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok, here my logs. I guess the logs are a bit long `cause it covers the whole weekend until now. I could not control volume anymore after watching tv for some time and then playing a ripped CD in the .flac coding. It all happend at the end of the logs.

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Hi,

it seems that (at least on my system) the problem is caused by minidisplay plugin. When I disabled it, volume can be controlled all the time...
    I just hope the issue will be really solved in RC3 (and looking forward it :) )

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The workaround that causes your issues has been reverted and RC3 should work fine with or without minidisplay.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MrHipp reimplemented parts of the fix and included some workarounds to fix it. It was believed to be working, but perhaps not completely on all systems. Create a proper bug report, and if you get no response on that send me a PM, and I will make sure to take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom