WALL-E Region B BluRay disc playing issues (1 Viewer)

chris123

Portal Pro
May 31, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ah, that would do it :). Thank you.

Crash solved, but sadly still interlaced lines with the 8300 graphics.

Please let me know if there is anything more to test.

Cheers

Chris

Joaquin

Portal Member
December 28, 2013
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello again guys! It's been more than 4 months since my last entry on this post. After my TV stopped working I have made some renovations in my home that have forced me to pospone anything related to home cinema stuff. Well here I am again.

Today I have made a full reinstall of my HTPC and the interlaced lines continue showing. I have read the full post and see the possible cause can be... a relatively low power graphics card?? I'm surprised after all this seems to be a HW issue. My HTPC graphics card is a nVIDIA GT210 that sould be OK to play HD video.

Any new workaround for this issue not published here?

BR

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Welcome back Joaquin :)

Any new workaround for this issue not published here?
    Sorry, no.

I'm not convinced that the low power GPU explanation is correct, but it's currently our best guess.

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Let's try something ridiculous. I am going to try reinstalling the OS in the same language as yours and then reinstalling MediaPortal to perform another test.

mm1352000, I assume you do not have the interlacing lines problem. So, which language is your OS?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Mine is Win10 (DEV) at 1607 (HTPC) both Nvidia GPU GTX460 and Another GT) 64Bits :) if it can help.

upload_2017-4-21_18-23-59.png

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here I am again!!

First, the bad news:
    After testing the BD-J in my HTPC using Windows XP and Windows 7 (both English versions) I have had the same results. I have not tested WIndows 10. So we can discard the language OS as the origin of the problem. It was a remote possibility, but I had to try it :D.

Now what we may call “the good news”:
    Installing Media Portal in my everyday-PC did the work. The BD disc under test displays perfectly! I am using using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (the same version that was originally installed in my HTPC before performing tests with English OS versions). The everyday-PC uses the built-in VGA adapter integrated on the Intel i3 CPU - less powerful than the dedicated nVIDIA GPU card installed on the HTPC. So we can discard the GPU processing power as the origin of the problem.

Then this issue should be a graphics card driver related problem.

On the next days I will browse the nVIDIA driver archive to install an outdated version... That is the only I can do.

Best regards,

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    After installing a 3 years old nVIDIA driver version (332.21) the results are the same under my nVIDIA GeForce G210. There's nothing more I can do :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Are you able to test a different GPU card ? maybe it can be a setting in bios too but no clue what :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom