WASAPI Music Playback Problem with MiniDisplay Equalizer Enabled (3 Viewers)

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    MediaPortal Version: 1.6.0

Description
    Hi,

I have a problem with WASAPI music playback & Intel HD4000 HDMI audio. When trying to play back track, after a few (~10) seconds, the rest of the track is played back at what seems like 10 times the normal speed.

WASAPI music playback has never functioned properly for me with MP. Previously, I have tried it on the same hardware with MP1.4 and MP1.5 on Win 7 x64 & many different display driver versions.

Logs attached.

-P.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Select WASAPI with Intel(R) Display Audio sound device in MP music player settings. Play a track. After a few (~10) seconds, the rest of the track is played back at what seems like 10 times the normal speed.

Edit:
    Thread title edited to fit later findings.

Last edited:

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

log is not attached :)
    Yes it is... ;)

pw0hk.png

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    As a side note: I have no problems using WASAPI with MPAR so on my setup this problem is isolated to music playback.

Can someone either confirm the same issue with Intel HDMI audio or report that they have it working fine?

@Sebastiii: Have you made any progress yet? :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can't really test but can you play with the buffer ? (set it to 0.5/0.6 or something ?) :)

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Doies this happen with every file?
    Yes, it does. Well, I haven't had the patience to try every music file I have, but random mp3 and flac tracks from different albums all have the same problem. These same tracks play fine fine with the default BASS engine.

I'd like to get WASAPI working to be able to configure Windows for multichannel audio and get the proper 2-channel output when playing music. Plus, I'm currently tracking down issues with MP and Stereo Tool DSP (Winamp DSP stutters with BASS playback during crossfade; VST crashes frequently on track change). I have no DSPs activated currently nor did I have any when producing the logs earlier.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The log does not show anything.
    Don't have any idea. it is probably related to your Audio driver.
    Will ask the developer of the BASS engine, if he has got any idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom