WASAPI Music Playback Problem with MiniDisplay Equalizer Enabled (2 Viewers)

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The log does not show anything.
    Don't have any idea. it is probably related to your Audio driver.
    Will ask the developer of the BASS engine, if he has got any idea.

Thank you! Let's see how he responds.

-P.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There is a answer on bass forum.
    So you need to test with their tool and log result :)
    They talk about context.exe from bin folder @hwahrmann knows more :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for the file :)
    You have to unpack it somewhere and try :

To help narrow down the problem and perhaps find a working mode, you could use the pre-compiled CONTEST.EXE and try exclusive mode and shared mode with/without event-driven buffering, ie. try "contest <filename>", "contest -e <filename>, "contest -s <filename>", "contest -s -e <filename>".

Can you try ? and see what mode works/failed etc ? @Pirppuli

Attachments

• bass_contest.zip
      348.8 KB

Pirppuli

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2008
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I think I found the combination of settings/hardware that triggers this issue.

First, I was unable to replicate the issue using contest.exe. All tests played the tracks back successfully. This made me rethink exactly what changes at that 10 second mark from the beginning of the track. It occurred to me that I had set the MiniDisplay plugin (Soundgraph iMON USB) to start displaying Equalizer starting at that time from the start of a track. I disabled the Equalizer display and --- no more hyperspeed playback! :)

My guess would be that there is a timing problem between different threads when the MiniDisplay Equalizer is displayed, and that the problem only manifests when WASAPI output is used. What a pain to track down, though.

-P.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Weird but hppy that you nail down the trigger, now it's to know why and fix that :)

B

BassFan

I disabled the Equalizer display and --- no more hyperspeed playback!
    if so and this plugin used Bass-Bass_Waspi then it is recomend add Wasabi_Buffer flag to it.
    this should fix the Problem with Timing.

MP do this..

And do not Forget use BASS_WASAPI_GetData instead of BASS_ChannelGetData.

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

First, I was unable to replicate the issue using contest.exe. All tests played the tracks back successfully. This made me rethink exactly what changes at that 10 second mark from the beginning of the track. It occurred to me that I had set the MiniDisplay plugin (Soundgraph iMON USB) to start displaying Equalizer starting at that time from the start of a track. I disabled the Equalizer display and --- no more hyperspeed playback! :)

My guess would be that there is a timing problem between different threads when the MiniDisplay Equalizer is displayed, and that the problem only manifests when WASAPI output is used. What a pain to track down, though.

-P.

I just had the exact same problem here, thought the chipmunks had rerecorded my music! Disabling the MiniDisplay equaliser visual feature fixed it. Thanks!

if so and this plugin used Bass-Bass_Waspi then it is recomend add Wasabi_Buffer flag to it.

greets

@HomeY Could you create a JIRA for this please (sorry two in one day!) Thanks!

B

BassFan

-P.

I just had the exact same problem here, thought the chipmunks had rerecorded my music! Disabling the MiniDisplay equaliser visual feature fixed it. Thanks!

greets

@HomeY Could you create a JIRA for this please (sorry two in one day!) Thanks!

that is fixed..
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...portal-1-1-3-1-2-1.95616/page-49#post-1079804
    and ready for 1.8.

greets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom