Watchdog for MP2 (1 Viewer)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

is there a solution for automatical restart the Client-Software if it crash like Watchdog for MP1?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there a solution for automatical restart the Client-Software if it crash like Watchdog for MP1?
    Currently not.

My own setup is stable and therefore I don't believe that there are principal issues. It would make more sense to analyze the Why of such crashes on your systems, hence please open threads in the support section.

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have some issues with my GPU. Every time ein boot new - the first start of MP2 will crash at splashscreen. When it happend, windows show me a message, that it automatical set the graphicsetting to defaut (don't know what windows make in the background). After this, mp2 is running nice without problems.

So sometimes it is not possible with logs to fix the problem.

Any plans for watchdog for mp2?

Or know someone an external Programm that can to this (i thinking about a application oder process monitor who look if mp2-client.exe is running)

BTW: i have many hours testing the gpu-card (new os install, new driver, other pci-port). no chance to fix the problem.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Every time ein boot new - the first start of MP2 will crash at splashscreen.
    DirectX issues of the graphics driver in connection with Windows.

Any plans for watchdog for mp2?
    No. This doesn't appear to be a general problem.

BTW: i have many hours testing the gpu-card (new os install, new driver, other pci-port). no chance to fix the problem.
    Well, your System info doesn't say which Windows version you are using. latest Win 10 is 1809, however, Intel had some graphics driver troubles that have delayed the roll-out on some systems. It also displays MP 2.1.1 as your MP2 version, which would be quite old.

Microsoft seems to be playing with graphics properties, so there is always hope to improve things with a new version if your current setup is not running well.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread