MP2 - V2.1 Watched percentage are not shown on other clients than the one this media item was played... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Just installed a client on my working machine. All watched flags are working but the play percentage did not. Everything I have watched on other client is at 0%. The same applies in both directions. Only the client that has actually played this media item has the position and percentage available.
    Here is a screenshot from my working system:
    Zwischenablage-1.png

And here is the same from my main HTPC:
    Zwischenablage-2.png

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Filtering by watched shows a different number of movies watched vs unwatched between clients, also series seem to be random as to what is watched vs unwatched between clients. The screenshot is of three different clients, the one that I watch most movies on shows watched flags, the other two so nothing watched with the bottom one being a completely fresh install.

Attachments

• ScreenShot092.jpg
      ScreenShot092.jpg
      318.4 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    question @henso: I guess the "watched" implemented as per-user information, like the resume position?

In this case the posted result is correct: each client is another "user" and each of them has own progress / watched states.

There exists already an underlying user management, but as long we have not finished a "login" or "user selection", the user is not each installation of MP2-Clients.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    User management is one of the next features we need to implement to allow also a kids mode to filter age related media items. My Screenshot with Bee Maya next to Walking Dead is the best example of a non family friendly HTPC software ;)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Watch percentage is stored per user (client in this case). A fallback using the global watch count is used when no user specific user watch data is present. I suppose it could show 100% in those cases but partial watch percentages would have to wait for multi user support.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @henso ,

Personally I have always been a little bit skeptical regarding user support, For example how would one handle the situation where User1 and User2 are both watching episode A together vs User1 later watching episode B alone and User2 returning later to watch the same series? Maybe a camera and face recognition would be a path to work on ;)

Regardless of an ultimative solution and as long as we don't have a better approach, I would suggest that we consider treating the watch status system-wide rather than per client. Myself I often watch in the living, but also would use a second big screen in the bonus room as well as my machine on my office desk.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regardless of an ultimative solution and as long as we don't have a better approach, I would suggest that we consider treating the watch status system-wide rather than per client. Myself I often watch in the living, but also would use a second big screen in the bonus room as well as my machine on my office desk.
    I would prefer to finish the user-switching rather than pull over the existing foundation. There exists a "Login" plugin since ages, which can be finished for this task.

We might not even require a real log in with password, just a switching between all known users (currently clients). So when we have this, all clients can also share the same user and you get your "single status" behavior

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That sounds good!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found the 4 year old change for Login plugin and rebased it upon dev.

It should allow changing users this way:
    upload_2016-12-31_15-44-35.png

Notes:
    • Untested!
    • No translations included yet, still proof of concept phase
    • In main menu there is a new "User profile" option to enter new screen
    • After changing the user, the media views should react on different profile (watched/resume state)
    • User changes will not yet be persisted
    Please try it in a multi-system environment :)

Edit:
    New binary v02.

Attachments

• Login_v02.7z
      4.8 KB
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom