MP2 - V2.1 Watched percentage are not shown on other clients than the one this media item was played... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok, so this is expected behavior which is fine but that leads to another question. Right now I only backup the server. If I rebuild a client from scratch and use the same computer name will the MP2.1 server show the correct watched flags or is there something on the client that would need to be backed up?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @JSchuricht could you try the attached plugin?

It has to be placed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\ folder and should create a new menu entry "User profile":
    upload_2017-1-1_8-31-41.png

Which leads you to this screen where you can dynamically switch between all available user profiles (=computer names).
    upload_2017-1-1_8-32-0.png

The current name is shown at bottom, after changes the media views should present the correct status for the selected profile.

I could not test this myself yet, but I'm curious about your results.

Note: in BV skin the new item is under "others" tab.

Attachments

• Login_v02.7z
      4.8 KB

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Vary nice. With the Titanium theme it's under the folder icon on the right.

upload_2017-1-1_2-22-21.png

What's interesting is the watched flags for a program under series I watched yesterday on one client are the same on a second client, it's only the movies that are client specific. This plugin works great for movies. I have tried two clients so far and the watched flags match whatever combination of client I pick perfectly.

The only improvement I can recommend is a checkbox next to the profile in use or highlighting the profile name. When I click on a profile it acts like nothing happened but checking watched flags tells a different story.
    upload_2017-1-1_2-23-40.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom