Watched/Viewed items not appearing darker (1 Viewer)

acecombat

Portal Member
October 3, 2010
Home Country
Not sure if I've missed something but I've looked through all the StreamedMP config and Basic Home Editor and cannot find an option to change text colour. I've upgraded to MP1.4 and SMP 2.1.2.3366 from MP1.2 and an older version of SMP. In the old SMP it would make the text darker/grey instead of white once you watched an item so you could easily see the difference between watched and unwatched items. This doesn't seem to be working for me in 2.1.2.3366. I've changed to the Titan skin just to make sure it wasn't a MP change and Titan appears correctly with different colours for watched/unwatched items.
This occurs for me in Recorded TV as well as TV-Series and Moving Pictures plugins.
Can someone help me out?
Thanks in advance and good job with the skin! I've been a SMP convert since you released it :p

acecombat

Portal Member
October 3, 2010
Home Country
You can change colours for list items in the GUI->Settings->Skin->Misc.
Thanks Ltfearme but I'm still not sure where that options is. Under Streamed MP I see no GUI menu, under MP Config I see GUI but no settings submenu, when I click the top level GUI I get the skins list but no options are there, and under Edit Skin Settings I only get a General Tab and a TV Guide Tab.
The older version of StreamedMP I had was darker for watched by default.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    92 KB
  • 2.png
    2.png
    194.8 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    By GUI, I mean in MediaPortal (not configuration). So go to Settings->Skin->Misc.

acecombat

Portal Member
    October 3, 2010
    Home Country
    While waiting for your response I've had a look directly at the XML file for the theme and tried setting different colours to the text. It already seems to indicate normal text was white and watched was faded. Just in case I was being blind I set the colour to red (FF0000) in the XML. When I go into the Settings->Skin->Misc->Set List Colours it correctly shows the default colour as Red but I don't see it red either :( All the text still appears white as per screen shots.
    In the screen shot of TV shows, the top 2/4 have been watched and the bottom 2 haven't. Still the same colour even though default is now set to Red!
    What else can I try or is this a bug?

XML Section:

<section name="MiscConfig">
    <entry name="miscUseTextLogos">0</entry>
    <entry name="miscUseLargeFonts">0</entry>
    <entry name="miscShowHiddenMenuImage">1</entry>
    <entry name="miscShowIconsInArtwork">1</entry>
    <entry name="miscShowRoundedCovers">1</entry>
    <entry name="miscUnfocusedAlphaListItems">100</entry>
    <entry name="miscUnfocusedAlphaThumbs">100</entry>
    <entry name="miscTextColor">FF0000</entry>
    <entry name="miscTextColor2">FFFFFF</entry>
    <entry name="miscTextColor3">FFFFFF</entry>
    <entry name="miscWatchedColor">808080</entry>
    <entry name="miscRemoteColor">FFA075</entry>
    <entry name="miscEnablePlayMostRecents">1</entry>
    <entry name="MiscFilterWatchedInRecentlyAdded">0</entry>
    <entry name="miscMostRecentFanartTimerInt">7</entry>
    <entry name="miscShowListScrollingPopup">1</entry>
    </section>

Attachments

• 3.png
      3.png
      77.2 KB
    • 4.png
      4.png
      651.1 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's just a settings file and wont reflect what's shown in the skin. The skin plugin gets what you set in the GUI and updates references.xml accordingly and also stores what you set in the settings you see above so there is a reference to those changes outside of the skin directory.

The changes for those colours will only affect some plugins like in TVSeries, MovingPictures. I dont think MyTV is supported, I will have to check.

You will be prompted to restart (if a change is made from the GUI) and then it should work.

If you update the settings from the xml file manually then the plugin thinks its already set which is what I suspect you have done.

Last edited:

acecombat

Portal Member
    October 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Hmmm it is wierd. I've installed it on 3 of my machines and they all did the same thing (No unwatched colour difference) and only 1 of them I had played with the settings file. All of them are working ok after going in, changing default colours and then using the restore defaults option. Just doing the restore defaults option did not fix it unless I changed the colour first.
    Very odd as previous versions worked fine straight out of the box for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom