[solved] Watching a record during recording stops sometimes (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same behaviour. Example recording was the "Tatort" from today.
    Server log is missing...

TsVideoPlayer: Initializing for stream '\\NASED1821\Multimedia\Video\recordings\Tatort_ Die ewige Welle - Das Erste HD - 2019-05-26.ts'
    This looks again like a NAS share. Can you test with a true Windows share first?

Dominik König

Portal Member
    November 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry guys for coming back to this topic so late.
    It was truly the wrong server side settings here. I just changed the recordings folder for the first card in TV server setup and dind't click to use this folder for all cards.

So now I found the time to reproduce the behaviour. Still, all the same. The time for the recording doesn't get dynamically updated. The playback stops.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-07-28-15.31.34.zip
      386.9 KB
    • TsReader.log
      109.4 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Server log is missing...
    :rolleyes:

But there is some real trouble on your system:
    Network setup appears incorrect.
    [WARN ] - SystemName: Could not retrieve host alias/address list from DNS (hostName: htpc.local)
    [WARN ] - SystemName: Could not retrieve host alias/address list from DNS (hostName: dome.local)
    and a lot of
    [DEBUG] - SSDPClientController: Problem parsing incoming multicast UDP packet. Error message: 'No end of HTTP header marker found.'
    MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.InvalidDataException: No end of HTTP header marker found.

and then
    [WARN ] - MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.TsVideoPlayer: Unable to play 'Resource '{04affa6c-ea42-4bd3-aa6f-c16dcef1d693}://0|D:\Dokumente\Videos\Recordings\Formel 1_ Das Rennen - RTL Television - 2019-07-28.ts' at system 'ff1d67b7-f2fd-4ffd-a248-b3f4c8cd3f8d'
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unbekannter Fehler

The troubles may stem from the fact that you did not set up your recordings as network shares but as local directories. You should define your recording golder as Windows network share, e.g. as \\Recordings and enter this info into the TVServer Configuration rather than the local path. This ensures that the client and the server have the necessary privileges to access the path if required.

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello guys,

Interesting conversation developed here.

I tried the last advice by changing the local recordings folder to a windows 10 network share, changed the tv server settings for all tv cards to this folder and resynct everything.

But now, I’m unable to play recorded stuff at all. The error message “unable to play ....ts” appears. I tested the connectivity and the privileges by accessing the file with VLC Player and this worked.

In the Client log file shows that:
    The TsVideoPlayer can only play network resources of type INetworkResourceAccessor

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ClientError.txt
      26.1 KB

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Full logs please: client and server.

There you go... hopefully it helps.

I even tried to open the share folder for „everyone“ with all privileges... Doesn’t help.

Attachments

• Server.zip
      1.8 MB
    • Client.zip
      677.3 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the last advice by changing the local recordings folder to a windows 10 network share
    This is not a network share but a drive:
    Controller: current timeshifting folder is "T:\TimeShift"

And then:
    [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\SERVER\Recordings\Tagesschau\Tagesschau - SE -_81.xml' is denied.

You probably did not define credentials in the MP2 setup. The server process is an independent process that is not running with your user credentials. You need to allow the server process to access shares by defining a user and password in the MP2 settings.

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Drive T: is just for timeshift. This is working pretty well.

On my network share \\server\Recordings all recordings are saved. I used the same credentials as for the other shares (movies and series). They work pretty well, too.

As I wrote, I’m able to view my recordings without any password or other credentials dialog with vlc player, e.g..

So, what did I do wrong? I just changed the local recordings folder to a network share, like I was advised to.

How do you guys access recordings on a server-client environment?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I used the same credentials as for the other shares (movies and series).
    There is only one place in the MP2 settings where you can enter credentials.

You need to allow the server process to access shares by defining a user and password in the MP2 settings.
    Did you define credentials there?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As I wrote, I’m able to view my recordings without any password or other credentials dialog with vlc player,
    As told, this has nothing to do with the MP2 server process. Most server processes are running with low privileges as for security reasons. The same is valid for MP2 server. This also is the reason why MP2 can't delete recordings from a different client if the recordings share is not set up as UNC path (\\server\recordings) but as local path (D:\Recordings)... The server is not allowed to delete any files at all, so the client need to have access to the files to be deleted. And this only is possible if the recordings can be accessed over the network... But VLC player is running with normal user privileges (same as Windows Media Player, Explorer, MPC-HC,...) so you can't compare them at all...

If you can access your movies and series share from inside MP2 and you can't access your recordings, then you have set different credentials for the movies and the recording share on your server... For now MP2 only can handle one set of credentials entered in the Settings in MP2 client GUI (should be change in future) so you need to be sure granting access to all used shares (no matter for what they are used) for one single user with one single password... This has to be done on all the systems where the shares physically exists. E.G. the share "\\server\Recordings" needs exactly the same user/password as the share "\\movieserver\movies". So you need to add the user "MyUser" with the password "MyPassword" on both machines, "Server" and "Movieserver" and grant this user full (read/write!) access to the shares "Recordings" and "movies"... Opposite to Windows where you can add (and save) different users and different passwords for different shares you can't do this in MP2...
    If you add another share, no matter if they are on a server already used or not, you also need to grant access to "MyUser" with "MyPassword" for this share too...

So first check if all of your shares can be accessed with the same user and the same password. If this is checked and ok MP2 should work as expected. As it does for the majority of all users... If it still does not work, then something weird is going on (most likely in your home network) and we need to investigate further...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom