Weather problem (1 Viewer)

John_London

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi,

I am using 0.2.3.0 and a Hauppage remote (45 button). Tried 0.2.2.9993 (as windowplugins.dll) now the remote's OK button has ceased to work at all and even clicking on things with the mouse is not working either!

(I have reverted to 0.2.2.9991 - with non-working weather.)

What have I done wrong?

Thanks

geichel

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Dortmund
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do not understand your problem

hi,

I am using 0.2.3.0 and a Hauppage remote (45 button). Tried 0.2.2.9993 (as windowplugins.dll) now the remote's OK button has ceased to work at all and even clicking on things with the mouse is not working either!

(I have reverted to 0.2.2.9991 - with non-working weather.)

What have I done wrong?

Thanks

Hallo, John_London!
:sorry: I do not understand your problem:
I am currently using stable MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 with a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 and it's 45 button remote. It works without any problems. Also mouse events are working.
To understand your problem I have some questions:
-You are using MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 stable release right, or do you use a special SVN build?
-Do you use windowplugins.dll from this release or a special version?
Regards,
Gerrit

John_London

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Gerrit,

:sorry: if I have supplied too little information.

The Weather plug-in is no longer working on the stable release 0.2.2.3 as described in this forum. (I am NOT using a nightly build.) windowplugins.dll is the one supplied as part of 0.2.2.3 (ver 0.2.2.9991)

I have tried the updated versions in this forum to get the weather plug-in working, but when I used any of them my "OK" button and my mouse events ceased working in any screen of MediaPortal.

Any Ideas?

(numbers 0.2.2.3 should read version 0.2.2.9991 from the exe file of Media Portal created 05 September 2007, 07:18:04)

saibot

Portal Member
February 20, 2008
Near the Lee
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Hallo,
I created a small fix for weather plugin issue in stable MediaPortal Version 2.3.0. Please find attached "WindowsPlugins.dll" which fixes the problem.
How to install:
1) Search for "WindowsPlugins.dll" in your MediaPortal installation folder
2) Rename "WindowsPlugins.dll" to "WindowsPlugins.bak"
3) Copy new "WindowsPlugins.dll" file to location where you found the original file.
4) Try it out and have fun :D

Hope you always get good weather reports ;)

Regards,
Gerrit

another :D :D

trelm249

Portal Member
May 25, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am running MP 1 svn snapshot rev 19010 on XP Pro 32 bit

The My Weather plugin isn't working. The error mentions a problem with the API. Wasn't that problem fixed in revision 19010?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am running MP 1 svn snapshot rev 19010 on XP Pro 32 bit

The My Weather plugin isn't working. The error mentions a problem with the API. Wasn't that problem fixed in revision 19010?

Do not use sloppy made or outdated plugins / "fixes" which replace the WindowsPlugins.dll...

trelm249

Portal Member
    May 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    rtv, I did a clean install of MP1 RC1 and then loaded the current scn snapshot at that time (19010), It is XP Pro 32 bit with all patches.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    @sogge: Please find also attached a fixed version which should work with your SVN version. Please make sure to backup your original file because I could not test it.

Regards,
    Gerrit

Thanx a lot! :D This one (for SVN18463) works for my SVN 17500.
    (I do not swich version or upgrade to RC1 because this is the first and at the same time the last version that works for me as I would like)

Thanx for MP Team also for their efforts!

>Geichel,

could you write a quick guide how to patch/update the windowsplugins.dll? Anyone could do his own version then. We cannot expect from you to make a patch for every SVN loved by someone... Or is it too complicated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom