Web Browser Plugin (1 Viewer)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    BBernes said:
    devo said:
    I just re-read some earlier posts of your problem. So your TV isn't your primary device?

I would say the mozilla control renders to the primary display device only and this is by design.

I see no easy solution other than to make your TV your primary display device.

I hope someone has an idea of how to fix this, i cant change primary display.
    (Placement and use of the PC prevents it)

I don't get why you can't have your TV as your primary device if everything is displayed on both except the web browser plugin?

Changing the mozilla control would be no easy task.(for me anyways) C++ is not my strong point.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    devo said:
    BBernes said:
    devo said:
    I just re-read some earlier posts of your problem. So your TV isn't your primary device?

I would say the mozilla control renders to the primary display device only and this is by design.

I see no easy solution other than to make your TV your primary display device.

I hope someone has an idea of how to fix this, i cant change primary display.
    (Placement and use of the PC prevents it)

I don't get why you can't have your TV as your primary device if everything is displayed on both except the web browser plugin?

Changing the mozilla control would be no easy task.(for me anyways) C++ is not my strong point.

because i use my PC for work

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    infinityloop said:
    regeszter said:
    i am sorry, but i still dont get it.
    what limitations do you have when you set the TV as primary display?

If the TV is the primary display, the windows desktop(icons, start menu, programs) will appear on the TV instead of the monitor. Am I right?

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    regeszter said:
    infinityloop said:
    regeszter said:
    i am sorry, but i still dont get it.
    what limitations do you have when you set the TV as primary display?

If the TV is the primary display, the windows desktop(icons, start menu, programs) will appear on the TV instead of the monitor. Am I right?

I have dual LCD on my desktop and this is true, but there might be hope! :)

I came accross this program Ultramon the other day that will allow you to do mirroring accross multiple monitors. Whether or not this works with a tv out I am not sure. I haven't used this program either.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/tour/mirroring.asp

The other solution as a last resort is simply switch your tv to the primary display when you use mediaportal or perhaps create a config that you can switch in windows? I think you can do that.

gadu^

Portal Member
    May 16, 2005
    well, i run into problems again...

installed the latest cvs, .NET and the Mozilla mentioned in this thread.. but i can't see the webbrowser anywhere even if i've enabled it in config...

ideas anyone?

edit

hmm... I choose enable webbrowser and choose to have in home and press ok.. and when i get into config again the home is not chosen, only enable... why is that???
    yes, i am very certain that both were chosen...

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    gadu^ said:

installed the lates cvs, .NET and the Mozilla mentioned in this thread.. but i can't see the webbrowser anywhere even if i've enabled it in config...

ideas anyone?

Any errors in the log file?

gadu^

Portal Member
    May 16, 2005
    devo said:
    gadu^ said:

installed the lates cvs, .NET and the Mozilla mentioned in this thread.. but i can't see the webbrowser anywhere even if i've enabled it in config...

ideas anyone?

hmm.. no that i can see... what should look for? :oops:

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    gadu^ said:
    devo said:
    gadu^ said:

ideas anyone?

hmm.. no that i can see... what should look for? :oops:

If its simply not selected in the home try selecting it again and saving the configuration. If that doesn't work you could try editing the MediaPortal.xml file in notepad.

gadu^

Portal Member
    May 16, 2005
    devo said:
    If its simply not selected in the home try selecting it again and saving the configuration. If that doesn't work you could try editing the MediaPortal.xml file in notepad.

Hmm.. ok... i'll take a look...

anyhow, found one error in the log...

LOGFILE said:
    2005-11-08 20:04:36 Load settings:plugins
    2005-11-08 20:04:36 LoadSectionSettings()
    2005-11-08 20:04:36 LoadSectionSettings() done
    2005-11-08 20:04:36 Load settings done
    2005-11-08 20:04:38 Exception in plugin loading :Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\MediaPortal\plugins\windows\unrar.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom