Web Browser Plugin (1 Viewer)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    civikdude said:
    This looks awesome!! Can't wait for the real thing. :lol:

I thought I'd offer up a few suggestions, let me know what you think...

1. Remove the entire second row that displays the site name (page title display). I believe the real-estate of the screen is at a premium during web browsing and that the area might be better used to display web content. What are others' thoughts on this?

2. Provide an option to autohide the "topbar" (again, for more screen space). Just an idea.

3. Display a preliminary page when selecting this module from the home screen. The screen would look very similar to many of the other packaged modules, where a selection would first have to be made between 1) going directly to the internet 2) selecting a stored bookmark from a list of all bookmarks appearing on that same page. Also, a sort button for sorting the bookmarks by name and date, ascending and descending, would be nice.

4. Ability to read in the bookmarks from a directory defined in setup (exactly as Internet Explorer does, *.url files, which handles folders as well).

Regards,
    Aaron

1. Maybe I will this configurable as an option. Because there is no title bar I think that the title should be displayed somewhere.

2. I like this idea, maybe by hiding the browser bar but keeping the title there will be lots of room.

3. I was thinking of doing something like this looking at the other examples of HTPC browser plugins. Great suggestion and I think it will be so :)

4. Another great suggestion, no one will want to add all their bookmarks again so I think this is a must.

samuel337 said:
    Looks very nice... got any plans to add zooming in or out yet (I can't work out how to do it so I'd be interested if you do)?

Sam

I am looking into this. It seems the mozilla control does do this without writing some code but I would like to impliment zooming.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    chili said:
    Can I/we test this out now?
    Tabbed interface? (already built into Mozilla)

Its close, but I would still like to put something more solid together before everyone tries it.

I was looking into the tabbed interface but I am not sure how the mozilla activeX control handles that.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    samuel337 said:
    Looks very nice... got any plans to add zooming in or out yet (I can't work out how to do it so I'd be interested if you do)?

Sam

I did a bit of digging and the mozilla activeX control doesn't support text zooming as of yet. Perhaps there is a way to modify this in the custom stylesheet.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    carreno said:
    I am in a hurry to use this plugin!

:wink:

Sorry about the wait. I know it was probably a big tease to show the screenshots.

If you don't care about bugs and the ability to use it with a remote then I could post a downloadable version right now otherwise you will have to wait.

I also need to work out installation and don't want to get into supporting problems yet.

It is coming along though. I am going to take the suggestions above and impliment them, i.e a start page where you can enter a url or choose an existing bookmark.

This shouldn't take to long so hold tight :D

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    devo said:
    If you don't care about bugs and the ability to use it with a remote then I could post a downloadable version right now otherwise you will have to wait.

As eager as I am, I'd probably suggest waiting until you've worked out the bugs visible to yourself. Then let 'er loose on the user community...

Of course, if you need a beta tester, send me a PM.

devo said:
    It is coming along though. I am going to take the suggestions above and impliment them, i.e a start page where you can enter a url or choose an existing bookmark.

This shouldn't take to long so hold tight :D

Awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom