Web Browser Plugin (1 Viewer)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Thanks for all your support and offers to help with testing. I will call upon you for testing soon.

On the design front I have struggled a bit of how user interaction should be handled but I have come back to the meedio simple browser design as my favorite.

non%20zoom%20IE.JPG

Only it will have a mediaportal spin on it.

• Lose the exit button
    • Keep exiting toolbar how i have it with MP buttons and the url button
    • add a favorites button which will goto the bookmarks screen
    • Bookmarks screen will allow chooseing IE bookmarks / mozilla bookmarks(might come later)
    • The url button will work as it is already allow quick entry of a url.
    • Navigate links? - Im curious how they do this, the tab key does the same thing....maybe thats what it does.
    • New option to autohide the toolbar (like topbar)
    • Options to display / hide the page title and status bar at bottom
    • I prefer to keep the back, forward , refresh and stop buttons on the left like all browsers.

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    phpchris said:
    How will popups be handled?

I'm asking just out of curiousity...

From my tests popups don't work and will not be displayed without writing code to handle them.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What about having it look like the following:

mpwebbrowser29zu.jpg

Notice I took off buttons at top and moved them to the left and added a TV (preview it should be) screen. To give the left side a common look like the other skins. What you you think? Too radical?

Mike

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    I think it should be something similar to the MyTV module, where you can "x" the web to fullscreen then back again. I like mzemina's layout, because it keeps with the MP "look and feel" (e.g., sidebar).

Also, if the vote is to keep the top information bar (where "Initializing" is displayed), it might be less obtrusive if it were a bit smaller.

Keep up the good work!!

Regards,
    Aaron

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    That mzeminas mockup gets mine vote too. Overall MP look and 16:9 tellys are getting more and more popular so we have width more than height.

CoolHammer

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    CoolHammer said:
    That mzeminas mockup gets mine vote too. Overall MP look and 16:9 tellys are getting more and more popular so we have width more than height.

CoolHammer

I like the idea but I have two concerns:

1) We would be changing the way every web browser works, ie the toolbar at the top. This would not be good from a usability perspective.

2) Width, yes true 16:9 tvs are gaining more popularity but I belive with options to autohide the toolbar at the top and status bar at the bottom that we would have the full screen for browsing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom