Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (2 Viewers)

keithwhite

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Home Country
Wales Wales
hi
Got it installed and its working fine. Hmmm only one problem its opening on the wrong screen, its the main pc in another room away frpm my TV, is there a way to control this ?

Thanks

Keith

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
... only one problem its opening on the wrong screen, its the main pc in another room away frpm my TV, is there a way to control this ?
Keith

I don't see a way to control this in FirefoxIntagrator, this looks like a typical dual screen problem...
If you use a dual screen setup, MediaPortal should run on primary display and if other programs are
started out from it, they also should appear on this screen.
Normally you should configure your TV as primary display!

If you start Firefox manually, on which screen do you get the window?

You can also try to start Firefox manually and move the window to the other display (TV).
After restarting of Firefox (and also by starting Firefox with FirefoxIntegrator)
it should start on that display where it was before.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Phunky:
I have never used "Google Chrome" so i don't know, if it supports a fullscreen mode and if it is possible
to control it by key shortcut's!? Maybe i will give it a try in the future, but in the moment i am happy with Firefox.
Do you see any advantages with "Google Chrome"?

boozelclark:
FirefoxIntegrator is not able to control this, but try to change your DPI scaling from Windows.
This is possible with Vista and XP. Google for "Change DPI Settings Vista" or "XP" ;)
An other idea is to find a Firefox Theme or Plugin which will help you!?

TreKronor

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
One problem I have is, that if I close Firefox, watch TV or do something else and then try to reenter Firefox nothing happens?!

boozelclark

Portal Pro
March 26, 2007
Johannesburg/Cape Town
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
thanks if you're making one for chrome you may want to try one for opera which looks really good if you give it the parameters /kioskmode /kioskbuttons /kioskspeeddial /kioskwindows and then making the toolbars bigger in the settings.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
One problem I have is, that if I close Firefox, watch TV or do something else and then try to reenter Firefox nothing happens?!

...how do you close Firefox?
You should only close Firefox by pressing the "Exit" (or something similar) key on your remote controller
which needs to be mapped to one of following keys: Escape, Backspace, Delete or browser_back.
Only with this, the exit sequence to close Firefox and FirefoxIntegrator is working correctly.
If you have the described situation, check your system tray. If there is green symbol with a white "H" FirefoxIntegrator was not closed and so the next start will not work.

illStyle

Portal Pro
August 26, 2006
Nuremberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
thanks if you're making one for chrome you may want to try one for opera which looks really good if you give it the parameters /kioskmode /kioskbuttons /kioskspeeddial /kioskwindows and then making the toolbars bigger in the settings.
Hi,

I do currently not get why he would do that. He already stated that he does not see any advantages in using Opera or Chrome instead of Firefox which I don't do either. I suggest to get familiar with AHK if you guys want it for different browsers. Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Simon

EDIT: boozelclark, you may want to take a look at EventGhost. It allows you to map any key of your remote to keyboard shortcuts. You can configure your remote to control Opera that way. You can even use it to start Opera in kioskmode from inside MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom