Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (1 Viewer)

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
The script is giving messages, that keys x, y, r, p, b not present in keybord layout. Because MP is a fullscreen application, those messages are only in background and has no means of pressing "OK". I use GoTView remote and those keys are certainly not present. But I don't need them! I'll do everything by other hotkeys, menu or mouse. Is there a solution? Just not warn the user about hotkeys?

...use FirefoxIntegratorDebugKeys.exe as described in the other post, maybe we can fix this for your remote!

One more thing: when I try to start PictureVizII visualization (in Media Portal or in Windows Media Player), I'm getting an error message "Could not start program! Section: FirefxIntegrator"

...this looks strange :confused:
I don't have any idea...
...maybe FirefoxIntegrator was not closed correctly, you can see that if a green tray icon with a white H exists?

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    ...use FirefoxIntegratorDebugKeys.exe as described in the other post, maybe we can fix this for your remote!
    OK. I've made a scan map. You can see it in attachment. I've mapped tv/dvr button for fullscreen and mute for osd
    ...maybe FirefoxIntegrator was not closed correctly, you can see that if a green tray icon with a white H exists?
    In Fact, the problem was, that the path to dir with my pictures changed (folder renamed). Why the FirefoxIntegrator is mentioned is unknown.

Attachments

• map.jpg
      map.jpg
      148.8 KB

SuAlfons

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for providing this script and putting effort into it!

Remarks on buttons pressed:
    DVD-Menu: DVD Menu (there is a Teletext Key near the 0 digit, but that's not on all Versions of MCE remotes)
    Maybe skip forward/back are better than Channel up/down because they appear logically and are located together with the other media control buttons. But this recording, I used all the buttons as supposed to be default.
    red button for "Full Screen" (no dedicated key for that on this remote, colored buttons not available on all MCE remotes)
    i (Info) Button for toggle OSD
    Also, the MCE record button immediately triggers a recording from any screen (this could be fixed with editing the default MCE mapping in MePo config, I guess).

Attached you find the screen shot, but there seem to be too few keystrokes recorded. The second picture shows the keys when I press skip foward/back for channel up/down and Teletext-Key for toggle Mouse<->SMS mode. But again, too few keystrokes recognized :-((

Thanks a bundle again for bothering in the holiday season about other people's problems!

Attachments

• FFI with MCE.JPG
      FFI with MCE.JPG
      110.7 KB
    • FFI withMCE2 - alternative buttons.JPG
      FFI withMCE2 - alternative buttons.JPG
      79.7 KB

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @ALL:
    FirefoxIntegrator uses the default MediaPortal keyboard shortcuts which are listed here:
    KeyboardShortcuts - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    If your remote does not operate with these shortcuts, an option could be to use
    HIP, Girder or EventGhost to map your remote controller keys!

Undel:
    It looks like, that your remote uses different keyboard shortcuts than MediaPortal uses.
    How is your remote implemented into MediaPortal?
    In your screenshoot there are also not all commands listed,
    there should be 11 different key strokes or key-combinations and Ctrl+P is listed twice!?

SuAlfons:
    It looks like, that your MCE remote commands are not mapped to keyboard shortcuts.
    Do you use the MediaPortal integrated driver or the MCE Replacement Plugin?
    I have seen in the system specs of some other people in this thread that they are also using MCE remotes,
    maybe somebody of them can write about his experience, or how it works!?

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @ALL:
    FirefoxIntegrator uses the default MediaPortal keyboard shortcuts which are listed here:
    KeyboardShortcuts - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    If your remote does not operate with these shortcuts, an option could be to use
    HIP, Girder or EventGhost to map your remote controller keys!
    Is it compatible with Keyboard Input Plugin for MP?

@Undel:
    It looks like, that your remote uses different keyboard shortcuts than MediaPortal uses.
    How is your remote implemented into MediaPortal?
    In your screenshoot there are also not all commands listed,
    there should be 11 different key strokes or key-combinations and Ctrl+P is listed twice!?
    That's correct. I can give you exact keyboard combinations for each button. My remote has play/pause on one button with Ctrl+Alt+P combination(and one code). Keyboard Input plugin deals with it without any complications. Remote uses from 1 to 4 keys for one button (mostly 3 and 4).

DVD Menu = Ctrl+Shift+Alt+1
    Rewind = Ctrl+Shift+B
    Fast Forward = Ctrl+Shift+F
    Full Screen (I used TV/DVR) = Ctrl+Shift+Alt+2
    Prev Channel = PgDn
    Next Channel = PgUp
    Pause = Ctrl+Alt+P
    Show/Hide OSD (I used mute) = Ctrl+Alt+D
    Record = Ctrl+Alt+R
    Play = Ctrl+Alt + P
    Stop = Ctrl +Alt+S

Mouse mode is on hardware level (it emulates 2 different devices)

UPD I've configured MultiShortcut Plugin to run Firefox with autohide extension - that solved all my problems (true fullscreen, no errors while starting from MP).

SuAlfons

Portal Pro
    June 5, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Zunixnuz:

Right now I'm using the Microsoft MCE driveron XP Home. Wth the MePo integrated routines to react to the commands. Until now I had no reason to use an other driver. MePo integrated button mapping makes context-sensitive funtion mapping easy, that was not possible with the X10 remote I used before (in keyboard mode).
    Maybe I should take a look into the "replacement driver for MCE"?

Greetings and a happy new year!

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Maybe I should take a look into the "replacement driver for MCE"?
    The built-in MCE drivers are fine; there's no need for a replacement driver. This subject has been handled in excruciating detail on the forum "The Green Button". If you need more powerful mapping features, you may want to look at the "IR Server Suite", which you will find here in the forum.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Undel:
    Your given remote keyboard shortcuts would be easy to integrate in the original source, but i think
    they are to specific to add them in a general version of FirefoxIntegrator.
    But the source file is included into the package and it should not be a big deal to change this by your own.

@All MCE Remote Users:
    Please can somebody post if keys like...
    - Rewind/FastForward (Firefox zomm out/in)
    - Ch+/Ch- (Firefox page next/previous)
    - DVD Menue (Toggle SMS/Mouse input)
    ...are working for you or not!?
    If yes, is there a special configuration necessary?

A

andreyua

If firefox already runned, firefoxintegrator work OK
    If I try run firefoxintegrator, when firefox.exe not in proccess, I'm see this message: error:Mozilla Firefox not found

And, firefoxintegrator not support DUAL screen configuration ? because firefox always started on primary screen, not secondary (how I need)

Sorry for english

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If firefox already runned, firefoxintegrator work OK
    If I try run firefoxintegrator, when firefox.exe not in proccess, I'm see this message: error:Mozilla Firefox not found

This looks like, that your Firefox is not installed in the default directory and so FirefoxIntegrator is not able to find the executable!
    Firefox has to be installed at xxx\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe where xxx is the default system path to
    your Program Files directory (e.g. C:\Program Files).

And, firefoxintegrator not support DUAL screen configuration ? because firefox always started on primary screen, not secondary (how I need)

Take a look to an older post in this thread ...Link...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom