Webbrowser: FirefoxIntegrator (1 Viewer)

TreKronor

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Hi!

I've got another problem...

After installing the new release 1 my Firefox starts in fullscreen-mode every time I start it with firefox-integrator!

If I start firefox on its own (from windows) it starts normal?!

What can I do to start firefox from firefox-integrator in normal mode?!

Thanks in advance!

Yours,

Dirk

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi!
...Firefox starts in fullscreen-mode every time I start it with firefox-integrator!
If I start firefox on its own (from windows) it starts normal?!

FirefoxIntegrator will always start Firefox in fullscreen, because this is that what it should do :p

Attached is a FirefoxIntegrator which will not send the key F11 to Firefox,
so it will not switch to fullscreen ...this is a christmas present for you ;)

Attachments

• FirefoxIntegrator_NoFullscreen.zip
    30.7 KB

TreKronor

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Great!

Thanks a lot!

But if FirefoxIntegrator always starts Firefox in fullscreen-mode, I think there was a problem with my last installation... ;-)

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
...But if FirefoxIntegrator always starts Firefox in fullscreen-mode, I think there was a problem with my last installation... ;-)

...yes, i now about this problem. The very first start after PowerOn or Standby did not work correctly and
Firefox did not switch to fullscreen...
-> New Version V1.1 (see first post) should now be ok!

TreKronor

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Well, but what about the possibility to configure FirefoxIntegrator?!

I mean, I wanna use it in normal windows mode (I use a normal bluetooth wireless keyboard and a mouse, if I use the HTPC to surf the internet) and some want to use it in fullscreen mode.

You made me this xmas present with a windows mode version, but I think the versions will not be that different?! Aren't they?!

I just wanna have a simple version that starts Firefox...

Nothing more, no virtual keyboard, no fullscreen, nothing...

Maybe there are some others who use FirefoxIntegrator like me and if this could be configured the FirefoxIntegrator will fit all needs?! ;-)

But: you did a good job! I like this plugin!

Thanks!

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
I just wanna have a simple version that starts Firefox...
Nothing more, no virtual keyboard, no fullscreen, nothing...

-> In this case FirefoxIntegrator is not the right tool for you!!!
For your requirements there are still existing some plugins, you should use one of these:
My Program Plugin
or
MultiShortcut Plugin
and start your Firefox as it is!

SuAlfons

Portal Pro
June 5, 2005
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
@TreKonor:

Yes, try to use the MultiShortcut Plugin - as you had to install it anyways! It works just fine for me - I only dropped in here to see if I might like the integrated version better :)

EDIT:

OK, I like the integrated version. Is there any chance to make the AHK-Script work with non-keyboard commands? I am using a MCE remote and mouse control, OK and back (to MePo) are functioning, but not the other keys like switching to SMS-style text input, bookmarking etc. I guess, the keys that DO function are sent as normal keys by the MCE remote, those that do not work are special MCE-commands.

Any ideas? I am willing to work me into AHK stuff if it can be done!

Season's Greetings,
SuAlfons

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    The script is giving messages, that keys x, y, r, p, b not present in keybord layout. Because MP is a fullscreen application, those messages are only in background and has no means of pressing "OK". I use GoTView remote and those keys are certainly not present. But I don't need them! I'll do everything by other hotkeys, menu or mouse. Is there a solution? Just not warn the user about hotkeys?

One more thing: when I try to start PictureVizII visualization (in Media Portal or in Windows Media Player), I'm getting an error message "Could not start program! Section: FirefxIntegrator"

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK, I like the integrated version. Is there any chance to make the AHK-Script work with non-keyboard commands? I am using a MCE remote and mouse control, OK and back (to MePo) are functioning, but not the other keys like switching to SMS-style text input, bookmarking etc. I guess, the keys that DO function are sent as normal keys by the MCE remote, those that do not work are special MCE-commands.
    Any ideas? ...
    SuAlfons

I have made a simple test script which should record your MCE keys
    so we can find out, which key-codes we need for MCE remotes.
    For number keys 0-9 i think/hope there is no difference, for the other keys
    please use the attached application, follow the instructions and post the screenshot
    of the debug window, which should look similar to that one which is below!

Attachments

• FirefoxIntegratorDebugKeys_Default.jpg
      FirefoxIntegratorDebugKeys_Default.jpg
      45.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom