WebEpg development (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Login works at trontpage and forum, but not for wiki, but I'll get to that when it becomes annoying...
    I see you managed to login to wiki doskabouter :)
    Well. I still can't login at that page, don't know how you came to the conclusion that I did...

so I gave you access to the What's new > 1.6.x > WebEPG Grabber wiki page. Normally the developer responsible for merging the branch to master is responsible for the initial docs, so only Team Members can create/edit pages in What's New section. But we all try to help out as much as we can, and try to encourage community contribution as much as possible.

We only need to document the changes, but at a certain point if the changes are significant we may need a new wiki page.
    The most important things to document imho are:
    1. Do users need to do anything different when configuring the WebEPG plugin in TV-Server plugins - or does everything on that wiki page still apply to grabbers using JSON? It doesn't look like there are any changes so far, but just checking ;)
    2. What is different in creating or customizing a WebEPG Grabber using JSON? i.e. what will we need to add/change on the current WebEPG Grabber I think that's what you have covered already?
    Normal users don't have to change anything, they (hopefully) just have some more grabbers to choose from.

It's more a low-level (for the more thechnical users (read: users creating grabber-configs) ) extension, and as for 2: I think not much more explanation is needed (or possible) besides the text I gave. But I'm not a guy who is experienced in reading documentation :) so I can't speak for everyone.
    If there are questions on that part of the webepg, I can always try to clarify things a bit more (based on that questions)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well. I still can't login at that page, don't know how you came to the conclusion that I did...
    Wiki control panel shows you logged in - hence my conclusion. ;) So I'm not sure what you can't login to - screenshot? might give me a clue.

Thanks for the explanation. That was what I assumed, and sounds good. Just wanted to double check. As you said, we won't really know if more info is needed until someone else tries to create a WebEPG grabber using JSON.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, going to the what's new on the webepg (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/in...'s_New/1.6.x/Using_MediaPortal/WebEPG_Grabber) shows me screen1.png .
    After filling in my credentials at the top-left, and clicking "login" it takes me to the wiki mainpage, with no clue that I'm logged in (see top-right again) screen2.png .
    Also, navigating the the webepsg's what's new, don't give me edit rights (button is disabled).

Btw, feel free to move these in it's own thread, as not to pollute the webepg issue

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep that is odd - though by 'top left' I assume you mean top right:
    Capture.JPG

Yes, login does go to main wiki page, but it should show you logged in at that point. Since you are not:
    1. Refresh the main wiki page after logging in
    2. Clear browser cache
    3. Log out on the website home page https://www.team-mediaportal.com - and log back in there. That should resync your username/pw.
    4. If none of the above work, try setting a new pw in forum profile
    Final recourse is to yell for @high ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    deleting cookies for wiki.team-mediaportal.com/ did the trick!
    (y) and thx for the feedback - I have never run into that issue before - where Wiki CP shows you logged in but browser doesn't - so now I know what can cause that behaviour!

Shall I extend the xml-doc here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...bers_and_Tuning_details/WebEPG/WebEPG_Grabber ? Or do you need to review that bit first?
    No, not yet. We don't update the main wiki pages until the final release (e.g. 1.6.0). We link to the What's New > 1.6.x > Using MediaPortal > WebEPG Grabber docs until then. Once 1.6.0 is released Docs Group integrates the What's New changes into the main wiki. So as long as those docs are 'good' we should be OK, though it would be great if could review the EPG Grabbers and Tuning details > WebEPG > WebEPG Grabber once we make the changes. Just turn on page notifications in the wiki for those two pages to keep track of any changes we make ;)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What I meant was the documentation of the xml-type. That functionality isn't changed, but I did some research on how it works, and want to put that in the wiki

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just added a bit in the XML-section.
    Not 100% happy with it, Is there a possibility to discuss wikipages?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    There is a 'Talk page' option on the wiki 'More' menu, but we never use it because it is not that obvious ;)
    You can add a comment about any wiki page at the bottom of the page, and we do use that quite often. For more specialized or complex cases we usually end up using the forums or conversations.

It depends what you want to discuss - content, structure/style etc. If it's content then we need to find someone who knows/uses WebEPG enough to discuss it with you intelligently :p That's the reason I mentioned about getting some testers to verify the completeness, accuracy and comprehensiveness of docs. I think @vuego has used WebEPG and worked on those docs quite a bit. He might be the best candidate for discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom