WebEpg development (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That WebEPG solution file you're working with is obsolete. WebEPG should be built by building the TvLibrary solution in TvEngine3\TVLibrary.

Tony Wall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I'll check-in a delete for that later then if possible (still got to read the whole FAQ on developing and submitting patches once my immediate needs are addressed).

Hmm... No checked-in designer or unit test source code is disappointing. Will see how it goes then...

Tony Wall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Success! Well that was easy. New variables:

EPOCH_TIME_HEX = EPOCH_TIME with the "X" .NET string format (hex without padding)
    EPOCH_DATE_HEX = EPOCH_DATE as above

Attached copy of updated WebEPG.dll file. As I said I have to read all the instructions to submit this as a proper patch. No doubt there will other improvements at the same time.

This fixes the UK Digiguide grabber by the way. I've also attached that updated file, but you will have to put your own user name and password into the post attribute value. Also a delay longer than 1 second (I put 5) was necessary else you get blocked after the first few channels are grabbed (another feature request I suppose = separate logon from grabbing each channel).

Attachments

• 20140420 - Code Chief extended WebEPG.zip
      32.9 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've got some improvements too, but as TV Engine is in feature freeze, and it seems to be quite cumbersome to put the patches in, I'm a bit reluctant here...

Tony Wall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2012
    Home Country
    For a moment I thought there was a time zone bug but found out in the end that Digiguide convert the entire schedule to your time zone in their settings. Just something to be careful about if you're outside the UK. Everything is still correct from the WebEPG point of view, with it's per-grabber time zone setting. I chose to adjust my settings at the source web site rather than have a non-standard grabber file.

By the way @doskabouter now I got time to look at the source I know what you meant by WorldDateTime. It seems the original developers were ahead anyway by creating their own time zone aware DateTime class, even using the same TimeZoneInfo name as Microsoft in part. I'll assume it works then and we should all use it when necessary as the current MP1 standard. WebEPG already does so that's great. Of course it really should be replaced with the new built-in classes in MP2/future development. Besides sticking to standards it would greatly shrink the code and reduce the need to do direct registry access.

Have to check-out MP2 sometime and wonder what's up with live satellite TV and EPG grabbing there. For now I'm just happy I have some kind of EPG on MP1 again!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've got some improvements too, but as TV Engine is in feature freeze, and it seems to be quite cumbersome to put the patches in, I'm a bit reluctant here...
    Cumbersome how?
    The process is to create a JIRA issue and branch for TVE3 as well as TVE 3.5. The changes in TVE 3.5 for WebEPG are minimal. Yes it is double work, but beyond that it should be relatively straightforward. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. :)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Just wanted to offer any assistance I can on this. I'm trying to get a JSON grabber working for the Radio Times XML replacement API, Atlas, provided by Metabroadcast.

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks @Edalex, I have read that thread, however from what I've read they are using the XML feed from the Atlas API while I'd like to use the JSON feed. I've created the grabber file for this but have encountered issues with trying to use it. If I can help update the WebEPG plugin maybe I can resolve my issue as well! Anyway, the offer stands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom