Webepg for dummies (1 Viewer)

phunqe

Portal Pro
April 28, 2007
General question; Is is possible to configure WebEPG to fetch program info as well? I.e plot/summary as you get if you use for example DVB EPG.

If not, is it possible to use the DVB grabber and let WebEPG fill out the holes so to speak? If the DVB grabber overwrites what WebEPG does, that would work as well, unless it forcibly empties program slots where it does not have any information.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    General question; Is is possible to configure WebEPG to fetch program info as well? I.e plot/summary as you get if you use for example DVB EPG.

If not, is it possible to use the DVB grabber and let WebEPG fill out the holes so to speak? If the DVB grabber overwrites what WebEPG does, that would work as well, unless it forcibly empties program slots where it does not have any information.

That probably depends on the source and grabber being used. The grabber I am using delivers such information for some (but not all) programs here in Switzerland, using Das interaktive und aktuelle Fernsehprogramm, sortiert nach Themen, Sparten und Sendern as the information source. YMMV.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is is possible to configure WebEPG to fetch program info as well? I.e plot/summary as you get if you use for example DVB EPG.

As rsbrux says, it depends on the website you're pulling the data from. Most of my channels have very good program info - e.g. all free-to-air UK channels, the main German ones, and Swiss. Some of the Swiss channels are a bit spotty with very limited information. You don't have to configure this in any way, it happens automatically.

b1111am

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2007
    EPG showing no data after succesfully running WebEPG

Help!!
    I have tried to get the EPG up and running but seem, to fail on the last step (I am using RC2 with TV server). I am fine with the WebEPG and get a valid TVGuide.XML. I active and import the XMLTV plugin in the TV Server plug congif page and succesfully get 6 channels and 2989 programs imported. BUT when I start up media portal I get no guide information on the TV guide page. I have tried waiting but never get any % updates. Any help would be much appreciated.

This now works. The problem was that I was not waiting long enough for the EPg to update. It appears that after the XMLTV import has run (or anytime you update the EPG) it clears out the data and has to reload it. This doenst happen whilst you are watching TV. There are a number of settings in the TV Service config/GenralSettings/EPG tab
    I am not sure what they all do but they appear to indicate that the update of the EPG only happens under certain conditions.

Note also that when there was no EPG data from the WebEPG for a channel the EPG automatically updated from the DTV EPG that the channel broadcasts (normally used in Australia for Now and Next data).

The other thing that I noticed was that if I entered an update time in the WebEPG plugin the schedule ran at both AM and PM times e.g. 7:00 ran in the morning and at night (!!!so whilst I was watching TV at night suddenly th EPG went blank while it updated) So I always put this as 00:00.

Of couse I still have the problem that WebEPG.exe wont run on a schedule. I havnt found what this issue is. I am running Vista Home Professional

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Of couse I still have the problem that WebEPG.exe won't run on a schedule. I havn't found what this issue is. I am running Vista Home Professional

I assume you have activated the WepEPG schedule in the MP config (under plug-ins). Is UAC (user access control) activated in Vista? This stopped my webEPG from working, as described here.

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Is is possible to configure WebEPG to fetch program info as well? I.e plot/summary as you get if you use for example DVB EPG.

As rsbrux says, it depends on the website you're pulling the data from. Most of my channels have very good program info - e.g. all free-to-air UK channels, the main German ones, and Swiss. Some of the Swiss channels are a bit spotty with very limited information. You don't have to configure this in any way, it happens automatically.

Ok, thanks. I am grabbing from Swedish sites (the ones included in WebEPG). They all have good program info, but none of it is downloaded with WebEPG, so I figured something needed to be turned on.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Ok, thanks. I am grabbing from Swedish sites (the ones included in WebEPG). They all have good program info, but none of it is downloaded with WebEPG, so I figured something needed to be turned on.

I am also using WebEPG to grab from the Swedish sites (mostly Boxer, but also dagenstv.com and ComHem) and in most cases I get good program info that is also visible in MP. Have you tried to change to different websites to fetch from?

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Help!!
    I have tried to get the EPG up and running but seem, to fail on the last step (I am using RC2 with TV server). I am fine with the WebEPG and get a valid TVGuide.XML. I active and import the XMLTV plugin in the TV Server plug congif page and succesfully get 6 channels and 2989 programs imported. BUT when I start up media portal I get no guide information on the TV guide page. I have tried waiting but never get any % updates. Any help would be much appreciated.

This now works. The problem was that I was not waiting long enough for the EPg to update. It appears that after the XMLTV import has run (or anytime you update the EPG) it clears out the data and has to reload it. This doenst happen whilst you are watching TV. There are a number of settings in the TV Service config/GenralSettings/EPG tab

Ok, I am having a similar problem - I have followed this post and I get a note for 89 channels and 3569 programs imported, but when I go into the guide I have channel information showing for about 15/89 channels.
    I take it I need to give it more time without watching TV, so I started MP and left it on the home screen for a 5 mins to see if that made a difference, but still only data for 15 channels. Anything obvious to check - the webepg logfile seems to suggest that it was able to grab all the data and I cant see any errors. I too have never seen the % updating message - where would I go to see this? Anyone have any pointers for things to check - I have followed all the steps on the first page and everything seemed to work - as I have some data, I am presuming that the program has worked...

Cheers for your help...

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Maybe impractical for daily use, but you might want to try rebooting. On updating SVNs or reconfiguring WebEPG I often find myself looking in vain for program info until I have rebooted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom