Webepg for dummies (1 Viewer)

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I have tried re-booting and it made no difference, will try webEPG one more time. Can someone advise as to the best method - do I leave it on the homescreen to update as I have never seen the % updating screen

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Do I leave it on the homescreen to update as I have never seen the % updating screen

I too have never seen the % updating message - where would I go to see this?

Having played with WebEPG for a few weeks now, I'm not sure what the % numbers I see really are. I see these in the channel listing on the right of each channel bar. Further right is a small TV screen icon with a tick through it, which is usually either green or yellow. I'm not sure what these icons actually mean or what the % numbers actually represent. Can anyone advise?

Edgedemon - I'm not sure why you are only seeing 15 channels. In my list of 30 channels I sometimes get 'no data' messages for one or two channels which I assume is caused by a grabber error (website is down, for example). Re-running webEPG usually corrects this. Are you sure you have properly mapped all of your 80-odd channels? Are you sure the grabber is pulling data for all channels correctly (check the log)? Is it always the same 15 channels that you can pick up or does this change?

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback
    Im at work but will check when I get back, but the mapping process was the same for each channel, so I am assuming it is correct, though it is the same 15 channels which following your reasoning would indeed point to the mapping. I have my rebuild this weekend, so will wait until then for confirmation, and maybe post the logs if I can not get it working.

Thanks for the feedback SwissBuster

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Having played with WebEPG for a few weeks now, I'm not sure what the % numbers I see really are. I see these in the channel listing on the right of each channel bar. Further right is a small TV screen icon with a tick through it, which is usually either green or yellow. I'm not sure what these icons actually mean or what the % numbers actually represent. Can anyone advise?

I think I've worked this one out. The % numbers have nothing to do with the EPG loading but show how far through the TV program you are. The TV icons are current channel (yellow), available channel (green), recording channel (red). There is also a 'no entry' type icon if the channel is not available (for example, if you are recording one channel, thus blocking other transponders).

As a side point, I noticed from these icons that you can record one channel and watch a second channel if (and only if) they are on the same transponder. The icons in MP make it very clear which channels these are. Of course, if you have two (or more) TV cards you're not limited by this.

frichter

Portal Member
    July 17, 2008
    Hi,

I followed the steps described in the "how to". It is the same (concerning the webepgconfig) as it was with MP 0.2.3 Now I use Vista and Mp 1 and I have the following problem.
    After I start webepg.exe it does not write the "tvguide-writing" file in xmltv folder.
    It does nothing. Also after waiting two hours nothing happened although my firewall asks me to access webepg the internet. (I did so)
    In webepg config I imorted the channels from tv server and then mapped the channels to the according website to grab data. (and saved it)
    Did I forget something? There is also no log file, not even a folder "log" in \Mediaportal
    What is missing?

regards
    fr

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    What is missing?

I only wrote the guide; I'm not competant to diagnose issues. Having said that, your post leads to more questions;

1. Have you searched for the files xmltv.dtd, tvguide.xml file or tvguide-writing.xml? It's likely these are all in the same folder. If you have a tvguide.xml file, the webepg.exe must have worked. If you are missing xmltv.dtd, start again by reading from the very beginning of the guide.
    2. The easiest way to find the log file is from the MP config tool. Start this and select 'open log directory' at the top left.
    3. What do you mean when you say you "imported channels from TV server"? If you mean you pressed the import button (bottom right of the 1st image on this page), you shouldn't have as you are using TV server. You need to add channels manually as I described in the 5th paragraph of the guide. If you mean you hit the "force import" button (see last image on this page), what results did you get under "import status report"?

Thanks for the feedback. Im at work but will check when I get back

Did you get this to work?

I just noticed on your original post that you have 89 channels and 3569 programs imported. How many days are you downloading? 3500 feels light for so many channels. I get 10-12,000 for 30 channels over 7 days, so it may be that webEPG is actually only grabbing data for 15 channels in your case. Check the webEPG.log.

Schildenaar

August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello!

Looks stupid, but it seems that the WebEPG windows is not resizable, so I can't access the buttons at the bottom of the window (particularly the "SAVE" button... )

Bug? (i remember having seen an svn that fixed taht in Mediaportal 0.2.0.0)

Someone could help?

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Iceman

Assuming you install MediaPortal to the default location, WebEPG.exe and WebEPG-conf.exe are in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.

Mew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom