WebEPG Install Problems (1 Viewer)

erikcave

August 3, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I can't get WebEPG to work. I went looking for the www_imdb_com grabber file, but can't find it. There is no WebEPG folder in MediaPortal TV Server. I looked in both Program Files (x86) and Program Files folders. There is a WebEPG.dll file in the Plugins folder, but that is it. Any suggestions for getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

I just installed MediaPortal 1 for the purpose of replacing WMC on my Windows 10 system. I am primarily interested in getting the DVR/PVR function working. Anyway, I have gotten the TV Server Configuration mostly figured out. I have scanned for channels and they show up in the TV servers section. I can't get WebEPG to work, though. I enabled the plugin and restarted the service. I followed the instructions in the Wiki to set this up. In TV Channel Mapping I see all my channels under the EPG Name column. However, when I click "Import" it only adds four channels, all the same name "KTVU-HD". If I go into Mapping Details for any channel and I drill down from Web Sites, to United States, I only see www.imdb.com as an option. Within this I only see the one channel "KTVU-HD" listed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

I can't get WebEPG to work. I went looking for the www_imdb_com grabber file, but can't find it. There is no WebEPG folder in MediaPortal TV Server. I looked in both Program Files (x86) and Program Files folders. There is a WebEPG.dll file in the Plugins folder, but that is it. Any suggestions for getting this working would be greatly appreciated.
    You're looking in the wrong place. ProgramData not Program Files. That folder is often hidden by Windows. You can get there by copying and pasting the path into the address bar in Windows Explorer.

In TV Channel Mapping I see all my channels under the EPG Name column. However, when I click "Import" it only adds four channels, all the same name "KTVU-HD". If I go into Mapping Details for any channel and I drill down from Web Sites, to United States, I only see www.imdb.com as an option. Within this I only see the one channel "KTVU-HD" listed.
    Are you following the guide in the wiki?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ides/2_TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/WebEPG

You have to customise the www_imdb_com.xml first before you'll see the expected channels.

erikcave

August 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks, that was the problem. I was able to get the EPG working in MediaPortal 1. However, I discovered that MP1 doesn't do DLNA server. Well, apparently there is a plug in for it, but I couldn't get it to install. So, I am trying MediaPortal 2 instead. However, I can't find the xml file for MP2 either.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    Let me see if I can help a little with the MP2 side... I am on day 3 of configuring this plugin and finally have it working.
    Once you activate the plugin, do a channel scan.
    When that is all done, reboot the machine. I found this to be the easy way to make sure everything was active.

On restart, the webEPG will be located at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\WebEPG

Now to make life easier I recommend removing all the directories Except US from
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\WebEPG\grabbers (do not delete the US folder)

Now inside the US folder is a file called www_imdb_com Make a copy of it someplace other then this location.
    Now rename the file to www_imdb_YOURZIPCODE for me its www_imdb_60004

Now open and edit the file
    One of the very fist lines is
    <Info language="en" availableDays="14" timezone="" version="2.0" />
    Change the timezone="" to include your zipcode (mine is <Info language="en" availableDays="14" timezone="UTC-06:00" version="2.0" /> )

There is a single line in the file for mappings, it is a reference.
    To make life easier, I am including a copy of mine but within it are lines such as

<Channel id="CBS2-HD" siteId="WBBMDT" />
    <Channel id="DECADES" siteId="WBBMDT2" />
    <Channel id="NBC5" siteId="WMAQDT" />
    <Channel id="COZI" siteId="WMAQDT2" />
    <Channel id="WLS-HD" siteId="WLS-HD" />

As you can see, the Channel is matches the channel names in the channel scan.
    the siteID matches the channel identifiers I got from http://tvschedule.zap2it.com

Personally I did each one from the channel scan, in order, a few at a time, then told the Plugin to Auto Map.
    Then I went into the TV Mappings Tab and verified the mappings.
    Once those were done I went back to General and clicked the Save Button

With everything you do.... Always click the Save Button on the General screen.. Not doing this will drive you crazy!!

I hope this helps....
    WebEPG.jpg

Attachments

• WebEPG.xml
      4.7 KB
    • www_imdb_60004.xml
      4 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Change the timezone="" to include your zipcode (mine is <Info language="en" availableDays="14" timezone="UTC-06:00" version="2.0" /> )

a comment on that statement, if you set the ?zip=ZIPCODE with your zipcode, imdb will send EPG times adjusted for your zipcode and you should not need to touch timezone="" or at least this worked when I tried this morning

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok.. I read the instructions and it mentioned changing them so I did.
    BTW: I have a few channels that it cannot grab the guide for. Any suggestions?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Ok.. I read the instructions and it mentioned changing them so I did.

I thought the instructions said change ZIPCODE to your zip

BTW: I have a few channels that it cannot grab the guide for. Any suggestions?

can't grab? #1, can't find them on imdb webpage? 2#, put channel in imdb grabber and it does not work?

for #1, finding all channels on imdb can be a scavenger hunt, sometimes trying different zipcode helps, different cable option

for #2, upload the setuptv.log file. if you only have 1-2 channels with problems, I find it easier to debug if you unmap all the channels except for the problems, set GrabDays=2 so the download runs fast for debug. When problems fixed, do full map and 14 days.

When in doubt press SAVE. If you think you already pressed SAVE do it again. When in doubt, exit setuptv.exe then start again so everything gets re-loaded

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Here are the ones I can think of

[2015-08-04 14:21:43,484] [71600 ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: Getting Channel ID: MOVEE4U
    [2015-08-04 14:21:50,963] [79079 ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: Getting Channel ID: WIN TV
    [2015-08-04 14:21:53,124] [81240 ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: Getting Channel ID: KBS
    [2015-08-04 14:21:55,014] [83130 ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: ChannelId: WSNS HD
    [2015-08-04 14:21:56,954] [85070 ] [WebEPGImporter] [INFO ] - WebEPG: ChannelId: WDCI-LD

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    for testing you can set WebEPG to create a tvguide.xml file, I find that useful for debugging. What 60004 cable lineup did you use to get the channels?

looks like those channels do NOT have any useful imdb EPG data. I tested with my system using the imdb_60004 file you posted before by manually mapping a few WebEPG channels.

if you look in the setuptv.log file, you can see where WebEPG is sending the URL to get EPG data

copy/paste the url to a browser
    the following, just show 1 program, 12:00am Local Programming so WebEPG has nothing to download
    http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/2015-08-05/WDCILD&start_date=2015-08-05/?zip=60004
    http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/2015-08-05/WSNSDT1&start_date=2015-08-05/?zip=60004
    http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/2015-08-05/WPVNCD7&start_date=2015-08-05/?zip=60004
    http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/2015-08-05/WPVNCD5&start_date=2015-08-05/?zip=60004
    http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/2015-08-05/WPVNCD&start_date=2015-08-05/?zip=60004

Don't know why the MePo EPG does not show 1 24hour long "Local Programming" show for each day on those channels.

I do see some tvguide.xml listings for the following, this works if I write to EPG database and I see Polish TV listings
    http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/2015-08-05/WPVNCD4&start_date=2015-08-05/?zip=60004

uploaded the tvguide.xml file from my tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom