breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is an ATSC OTA collection.
    Is there a way for WebEPG to use multiple supplied sites besides imdb?

I have been wanting to test a few EPG setups for MP2 and if at all possible, replace Schedules Direct.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Is there a way for WebEPG to use multiple supplied sites besides imdb?

sure no problem, just write your own grabber for any webpage you want. start here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...zation/EPG_Grabbers_and_Tuning_details/WebEPG

If you really want to get into the page scraping business, I'd suggest starting with WebGrab++ and writing your own grabber. More flexible/powerful way to grab data. I found working with WebEPG pretty frustrating when I did this 2-3 years ago.

erikcave

August 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks. I was able to just copy my xml file from MP1 and grabbing the EPG worked.

Now, though, when in MP2 and I select a channel to watch I get the error, "Error invoking action 'StartTimeshift'. This happens on every channel.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Now, though, when in MP2 and I select a channel to watch I get the error, "Error invoking action 'StartTimeshift'. This happens on every channel.

suggest you start a new problem thread in a MP2 forums so the MP2 experts can give you a hand figuring out the problem. Finding the MP2 logs for the client (viewer) and TV server will be the 1st request they make for looking into your problem

erikcave

August 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks, but I just discovered that MP2 doesn't do DNLA serving either. So, it isn't very useful to me anyway.

nustorms

December 2, 2015
    Home Country
    I just installed WebEPG for MP1 on vista. I got the correct channels loaded into the guide, but the guide shows up an hour behind (i.e., the current time bar reflects the correct time, but the times correspond to shows that happened the previous hour). Basically, I live in central time and the guide appears to think my computer time is eastern even though my computer time clearly shows central time.

I have verified the correct zio code is being used. The only thing I have been able to find that is a little out of sorts is when I go to imdb.com and type in my zip code for TV listings, the guide on their website defaults to a generic eastern provider with the option to select my actual provider from a drop down menu.

Is there a way to correct time zone discrepancies or select a specific provider?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Welcome @nustorms

Is there a way to correct time zone discrepancies or select a specific provider?
    Yes there is.
    You need to modify the www_imdb_com.xml file.
    Currently you have:
    <Site url="http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/[ID]&amp;start_date=[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/?zip=***your zip code here***" post="" external="false" encoding="" />

You need to modify it as follows:
    <Site url="http://www.imdb.com/tvgrid/[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/[ID]&amp;start_date=[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]/?zip=***your zip code here***&amp;tv_prov=***your TV provider code here***" post="" external="false" encoding="" />

The TV provider code can be found in the internet browser address bar (URL) after you've selected your provider. An example code is "RI68564".

If you can tell me what your zip code is and which provider you want then I can give you the correct modification in full.

nustorms

December 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Perfect! That is exactly what I needed. I had tried to add the provider code earlier, but didn't have the correct syntax. Thank you!

Now, when I click a program on the guide I eventually get an error stating "Program/channel not found". Everything was working previously, just didn't have the time synced up. I will dig into this on the forum further, but might be coming back for some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom