WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (1 Viewer)

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have re-run WG++ with mode w and I get the error in the same spots but I do get a lot more guide data. I was missing some guide data which was why I posted this error, hopefully it has filled it in now. I'll have to wait and see when I get home (currently running remote desktop).
    quick question, should I have replaced mode m with w or should I have both m,w (I hope you get what I mean)?
    Thanks,
    Rich

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    La Gomera, Canary Islands
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi,
    mode =m is just to get the downloadtime /updated show, mode=w is to switch to WGet als grabengine. If you want both mode=m, w
    Remark: If you add mode=w in the config , WG++ switches over to Wget for all sites you use in the channel list. So if you use other sites than tvguide.co.uk as well and you don't want the other sites grabbed with wget you can specify wget in the siteini. Just add the sentence : site {grabengine=wget} in tvguide.co.uk.ini. Save in utf8 encoding.
    WG++Maker (Jan)

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    TVGuide.co.uk

Hi Rich,

it's been a while with your problem with tvguide.co.uk. During that I received a similar report from another user. It appears that the problem is that the site provides links to program details that if called, return that error 500! Its either an site error or deliberate to trouble grabbers!
    When WG++ encounters this error it will retry a couple of times (retry value in the config file, you can make it smaller if you like) and because it's persistent it will write an empty show in the xmltv ouptut file (with title = (?)).
    There is a kind of fix for this: Run all the tvguide.co.uk channels , after first grabbing it with the normal siteini tvguide.co.uk.ini run all channels again with tvguide.co.uk.index-only.ini. In the configfile like this:

<channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk" site_id="74" xmltv_id="BBC1">BBC1</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk" site_id="407" xmltv_id="Nat Geo Wild">Nat Geo Wild</channel>
    .............. all other tvguide.co.uk channels ....................
    <channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk.index-only" site_id="74" xmltv_id="BBC1">BBC1</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk.index-only" site_id="407" xmltv_id="Nat Geo Wild">Nat Geo Wild</channel>
    .............. all other tvguide.co.uk channels with the index-only siteini .................

This will repair (r) all the program entries in the xmltv file which have this (?) marking in the title and replace the epg data with what is available in the indexpage. (which is quite a lot).

succes WG++Maker (Jan)

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Jan,
    That explains the (?) dotted about in my guide :)
    Thanks for the fix, I'll give it a try.
    One problem I have found is that when I try to use radiotimes as a source (only for 2 channels not in tvguide) it causes an exception. It's no the biggest problem because they are channels I rarely watch.
    I am using the latest 1.0.5 beta and site pack 5
    Thanks again,
    Rich

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Rich,

There is an eror in my proposed solution, sorry. It must be like this:

<channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk" site_id="74" xmltv_id="BBC1">BBC1</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk.index-only" site_id="74" xmltv_id="BBC1">BBC1</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk" site_id="407" xmltv_id="Nat Geo Wild">Nat Geo Wild</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvguide.co.uk.index-only" site_id="407" xmltv_id="Nat Geo Wild">Nat Geo Wild</channel>
    .............. all other tvguide.co.uk channels like that, the one from tvguide.co.uk first and inmediately next the same channel from the index-only version ......
    (it is important that the channels are grouped together, in that way it considers the channels as 'combi-channels' and merge the results in the standard 'incremental' manner)

Which channels from radiotimes give you the troubles? Or simply all of them?

again sorry WG++Maker

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Jan,
    Thanks for that, the two channels from radiotimes that cause the crash are Sky three and 301 using the following lines.
    Code:
    <channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="1963" xmltv_id="Sky Three">Sky Three</channel>
      <channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="2612" xmltv_id="301">301</channel>

I have attached my config file (with those 2 channels commented out at the top of the channel list), and a picture of the windows when the crash happens (It makes it so much easier when I am at home ;))
    Thanks,
    Rich

Attachments

• webepg++error.png
      webepg++error.png
      17.9 KB
    • WebGrab++.config.xml
      11.8 KB

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    There is a new version of the program 1.0.6 WebGrab+Plus, an advanced XMLTV grabber - ServerCare home

Supported tvguide sites:

Belgium: tv.be, mijn-tv-gids.be, yelo.be
    Brazil: hagah.com.br
    Netherlands: tvgids.nl, gids.publiekeomroep.nl, tvtv.nl
    Spain: plus.es, laguiatv.com, teleprogramma.tv, sincroguia.tv (improved)
    Sweden: dagenstv.com, svt.se
    Norway : sol.no (new)
    UK: tvguide.co.uk, radiotimes.com, tvtv.co.uk, bfbs.com (new British Forces Broadcasting Services)
    Denmark: tvguide.dk
    USA and N/S America's : directv.com
    Far East : osnetwork.com (new)

Just drop a message if you want support for a site that is not in the list ...

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Jan,
    Just tried the new version. I no longer get a crash on radiotimes channels but the error 500 on the channels. I noticed that sky three has gone from their channel list http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat but BBC sport interactive 1 is still there (301) which returns the same error.
    Thanks,
    Rich

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Rich,
    can you send me your config file and the logfile from the run with the 500 error? My mail address is on the cover of the documentation
    WG++Maker Jan

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    I cleared my log file and re-run with the radiotimes channel 301 and my normal channels.
    I have attached my config and log for you.
    Thanks for looking at this,
    Rich

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
      11.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom