WebGrab++ - TVToday - Quick Install Guide (1 Viewer)

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
October 25, 2010
La Gomera, Canary Islands
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi

Unfortunately this error with DCM is due to a bug in version 1.0.6 !! I just found it, the reason is that this channel has no shows in the morning while the last show ends at 23:59. This rare combination causes to skip all shows after the last one on the first day.

I have corrected the error in the coming version 1.0.7

You can temporary fix it by lowering the hour skip value in the config below 12 (less than the time between the starttime of the last show of the day and the starttime of the first show of the next day)
like :

<skip>10, 1</skip>

A small remaining issue with this channel is that the last show of the day will get the stop time of the start of the first show the next day. (so from 23:35 - 12:00) But I noticed that even the site itself made that error now and then (like yesterday). Also this will be corrected in the new version.

I hope that that solves the problem for now

WG++Maker Jan

Jelmo

Portal Pro
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: WebGrab++ - TVToday - Quick Install Guide

Hi Jan,

many thanks for your support. I will try the fix today evening. Hopefully this will not change any workign channels ;)

Could you please advice, when will the new version comming out ?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

well, I had a problem that with taskplaner the cmd window did allways apear... the small script attached did solve this: You can see the program only in the process list. This script I aded to Taskplaner instead the original *exe.

Of course you have to change the path to WebGrab+Plus.exe and delete the txt extention of the file.

Maybe somebody else can help it, too. ;)

Attachments

• star grabber xmltv hidden.vbs.txt
      225 bytes

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    A few more tips:
    1. To find the path of the exe of WG++ use Find_WebGrab.exe.bat which you willl find in the utilities/runinbat folder of WebGrab+Plus
    (The rather unusual path of the exe of WG++ is due to the MS ClickOnce installation which is used now to install WG++)
    2. There is a trick that places a 'runable' copy of the exe in another folder:
    After you found the hidden location of the .exe and open that location you will find 7 files:
    WebGrab.ico
    WebGrab+Plus.cdf-ms
    WebGrab+Plus.exe
    WebGrab+Plus.exe.cdf-ms
    WebGrab+Plus.exe.config
    WebGrab+Plus.exe.manifest
    WebGrab+Plus.manifest
    You can copy all these files to any other new folder like C:\Program Files\WebGrab and run the exe from there!
    (Of course you have to repeat this action after any upgrade to a newer version)

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    The new version 1.0.7 which is available now also contains an updated version of tvtoday.de (The site changed some link values in the rating section which resulted in messed up xmltv values) There is now also support for another German site tvtv.de and also two Swiss sites teleboy.ch and tvtv.ch.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Many thx ... will try it until my new whs 2011 is ready ;)
    Hopefully next release will include a customer path for installation .... since i would have it sorted on my hdd ;)

SvenZ

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2008
    Chemnitz/Sachsen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

jimbeam128:

in your guidelines you're talking about
    Additionally make sure that you have entered the Process "WebGrab+Plus" in the process list in the PowerScheduler under
    Powerscheduler -> Processes tab
    Am I right, that has nothing to do with how I wake up my HTPC?
    For waking up I use PVR Scheduler. So there's no conflict between PVR and Powerscheduler. It's used just for WebGrab++, right?

SvenZ

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2008
    Chemnitz/Sachsen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

can somebody tell, where the correct channel data for TVTODAY's programguide is to be found?
    I maen the entries for the last section in the WebGrab++.config.xml.
    I need the entries for Phoenix, NDR, MDR.
    For example I added:
    <channel update="i" site="tvtoday.de" site_id="PHOENIX" xmltv_id="phoenix.de">PHOENIX</channel>
    but it fails (No Index Page data received from phoenix.de)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom