Webinterface plugin (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I tried to install MPW (thanks to creators!)

I installed everything, changed the snapshot.asmx file as said, let the service interact with desktop.

As result, now I can see the snapshot locally and in the intranet, but MP is not recognized (although I followed step by step the instruction given in the actual thread) and so I can't use webinterface. Obviously the plugin is running in mp.

In the asked GetCurrentlyPlayingItemDetails I get

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.GetCurrentlyPlayingItemDetails()

And in RefreshRecordingsInMP

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MPECP2WS.ECP2WS.RefreshRecordingsInMP()

Should I attach any log?

Thank you for your replies!

F.

Check to see if the External Control Plugin II is enabled in MP configuration.

Sam

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Sam

Oh, yes! Enabled. Than disabled and re-enabled again. Nothing happened.

This is what I thought in the beginning, that plugin was inactive inside mediaportal (although there's no "home" in plugin option selection, as said in throubleshooting guide). Maybe should I post the mediaportal.log? Or what else?

Thank you for the reply.

F.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have a Streaming MP3 media server running on my media portal box on Port 80 which works fine from the outside of the LAN. Is it possible Apache is blocking external IP Requests. I looked at the httpd in apached and notice there were lines like Deny from All, Allow from 192.168 Allow from 10, - so I added the Allow from all to see if that would change anything with no luck.

It does not make sense to my why it works internally but not externally.

All my home network consits of is Internet --- Wireless Dlink Router and wireless to my Laptops and my Media Portal Desktop.

I am at a loss. As far as I can think MediaPortal WebInterface should be installed correctly if it works from inside the lan and on the media portal box itself. Web remote works and it controls the mediaportal box.

Mabey I should Install IIS and try to run it from there? Not sure how hard that is going to be. I know how to install IIS and setup Webpages/permissions. I have never used Apache before so I am not sure if that could be the cause of this.

The section you're changing is not relevant as that only applies to the web service component. That component is contacted by the web interface, and as they both reside on the same computer, the IP address for that transaction should be 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

Given that you're not even receiving the password dialog, I suggest you check out the apache logs at MediaPortal/MPWebControl/apache/logs, especially the access and error logs.

Sam

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia

Sam

Oh, yes! Enabled. Than disabled and re-enabled again. Nothing happened.

This is what I thought in the beginning, that plugin was inactive inside mediaportal (although there's no "home" in plugin option selection, as said in throubleshooting guide). Maybe should I post the mediaportal.log? Or what else?

Thank you for the reply.

F.

See if there's a line in mediaportal.log saying that:

ECP2 remoting process was initialised.

Sam

2hype

Portal Member
    December 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the responses. Well it looks like I figured it out. Since I know port 80 was working from the outside I decided to configure my router to Port forward from port 80 (public) to 81 (internal). Once I changed the router to accept the public port of 80 it worked. Looks like my ISP might be blocking port 81?

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Sam

Ok, when I'll go back home I'll let you know.

F.

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11696

This is my log, it seems that the plugin is not active, while in mp setup it is. Any clue?

F.

p.s. although there's
    #
    2007-01-05 18.23.42.750000 [Info.][MPMain]: Load plugins from :C:\Programmi\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\ECP2Plugin.dll

P.p.s. ok, lately I found

#
    2007-01-05 18.23.43.062500 [Info.][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:ECP2Plugin.ECP2Plugin exception:confused:ystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file 'MediaPortal.exe.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossibile trovare il file specificato. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

But that file is there, and the directory c:\programmi\team mediaportal\mediaportal was set correctly in the configuration of MPWI, as I can see tvguide

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia

Sam

Ok, when I'll go back home I'll let you know.

F.

http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11696

This is my log, it seems that the plugin is not active, while in mp setup it is. Any clue?

F.

p.s. although there's
    #
    2007-01-05 18.23.42.750000 [Info.][MPMain]: Load plugins from :C:\Programmi\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\ECP2Plugin.dll

P.p.s. ok, lately I found

#
    2007-01-05 18.23.43.062500 [Info.][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:ECP2Plugin.ECP2Plugin exception:confused:ystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: .Config file 'MediaPortal.exe.config' cannot be read successfully due to exception 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossibile trovare il file specificato. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

But that file is there, and the directory c:\programmi\team mediaportal\mediaportal was set correctly in the configuration of MPWI, as I can see tvguide

Ok, I think I know why. However my development version is a much newer version than the released one, so I'm not sure if my patch will work (my main MP machine is down at the moment too due to motherboard failure).

There's no harm in trying, so here goes:

Go into your MediaPortal\plugins\process folder, and backup the ECP2Plugin.dll *to another folder*. Remove ECP2Plugin.dll from the process folder.

Download ftp://lai-family.homeip.net/public-web/ECP2Plugin.dll and put it in your MediaPortal\plugins\process folder and see if it works.

Let me know how it goes.

Sam

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Download ftp://lai-family.homeip.net/public-web/ECP2Plugin.dll and put it in your MediaPortal\plugins\process folder and see if it works.

Let me know how it goes.

Sam

This is the log in response:

2007-01-07 11.31.40.015625 [Info.][MPMain]: Load plugins from :C:\Programmi\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\ECP2Plugin.dll
    2007-01-07 11.31.40.265625 [Info.][MPMain]: Load plugins from :C:\Programmi\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\ProcessPlugins.dll
    2007-01-07 11.31.41.375000 [Info.][MPMain]: DreamboxTV: .ctor
    2007-01-07 11.31.41.625000 [Info.][MPMain]: WebEPGGrabber: schedule: 18:30
    2007-01-07 11.31.41.625000 [Info.][MPMain]: WebEPGGrabber: run on: monday:True, tuesday:True, wednesday:True, thursday:True, friday:True, saturday:True, sunday:True
    2007-01-07 11.31.41.625000 [Info.][MPMain]: PlugInManager.Start()
    2007-01-07 11.31.47.906250 [Info.][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:ECP2Plugin.ECP2Plugin exception:confused:ystem.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Profile.Settings' from assembly 'Core, Version=1.0.2561.36030, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    at ECP2Plugin.ECP2Plugin.MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Start()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

Thanx again, I'll wait for the next version!

F.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I knew that would be an issue - MediaPortal recently changed the way settings are accessed. I have fixed that so if you or anyone else don't mind being used as a guinea pig, try the following the instructions and let me know how it goes:

1. Download this - ftp://lai-family.homeip.net/public-web/ECP2 MP0220 update.zip.

2. Extract the ECP2Plugin.dll file to your MediaPortal\plugins\process folder.

3. Extract the ECP2Assembly.dll file to your MediaPortal folder AND your MediaPortal\MPWebControl\htdocs\MPExtControlWS\bin folder.

In steps 2 and 3, you should be replacing an existing file. If not, check the location.

Let me know how it goes. MPW is broken in the latest MP version without these fixes, but my MP computer is still down so I'm relying on everyone out there to test this. If it works, I may release an interim version of MPW with this fix in it.

As for how work is progressing - its sad to say that there hasn't been much work done. I'm hopefully going to get my MP computer back up and running soon, and I'll continue working on MPW. I'm going on vacation soon though.

I'm still committed to this project, but as there's really only two of us working on this, development will unfortunately be slow. My first goal will be to ensure that the web service is client/server compatible, so most of the work I'll be doing will be behind the scenes at first.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom