[Info] WebMP 0.6 Beta Release (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Attachments

• MPExtended.WebMediaPortalIIS-0.6.0-beta.zip
      3.1 MB
    • MPExtended.WebMediaPortal-0.6.0-beta.zip
      3.2 MB

skorz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2011
    Deutschland
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank You!! (y)

Updated from 0.54 and first impressions:
    - cant play music, its loading forever (ok, i have this in 0.54 too..)
    - no thumbnails for recordings
    - no channel switch after choose another channel group (you can with set the cursor in date line and press return)
    - the quality of the stream, in my choosen case flash hq seems smoother and with better quality

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this update .... but i will roll back to 0.54 for now due some problems

1. no thumbnails for recordings

2. switching between channel groups takes ages

3. IOS streaming via WAN does not work ( looks like that the patch from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hone-over-internet.120442/page-2#post-1014243 isn´t implemented ?!? )

4. also the VLC version is still on 2.02 - i got more smoother results with 2.08. All versions after 2.08 does not work due some changes in VLC. Please check this thread : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/update-to-vlc-2-1-x.123236

/Daniel

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I also want to thank you guys for continuing development on this great solution. However I can add following observations:

1. I have to reload page several times showing Movie covers, page times out creating thumbnails from MyFilms database. I have 1 server installed with WebMP IIS version, and MPExtended on another machine.
    2. It seems like the authentication.xml is only synchronizing during setup from MPExtended machine to the server where I have WebMP IIS. So if adding/changing users (fx password change etc) in MPExtended does not apply when connecting to the web page.
    3. This is more of a question: I gather the previous custom skins does not work in this version, will there be more to choose from?

/U

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @DieBagger @Oxan

First of all, thanks a lot for the continuing work. MPExtended with WebMP is a killer feature and I keep using it a lot.

Just updated my IIS version (stopped the MPExtended Service before updating) on my WHS2011 (TV Server only installation, databases are synced by MPSync from the Main HTPC, this always worked seamlessly).

Unfortunately, I'll only get a blank page in Firefox and a HTTP500 error in IE when trying to call the WebMediaPortal start page.
    Also, the MPExtended config utility will crash as soon as I want to select the WebMediaPortal page.

I erased my logs, restarted my server, called the WMP start page first and then tried to open the WMP config page in the config utility on the server.
    Logs are attached. I am using BlueShift Skin (latest version from this forum).
    (trakt and follw.it usernames deleted from logs, otherwise untouched)

I'll try to rollback to 0.5.4 now, hoping that it'll work (and even hoping more that you can help me to resolve this issue)

Best regards,
    Requiem[DOUBLEPOST=1398282899][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, unfortunately no downgrade possible, had to un- and reinstall and reconfigure to get back to 0.5.4, but after doing so, absolutely back to where I came from. Hopy that an upgrade to 0.6. will be possible soon :) If any information is needed, please feel free to ask me, I'll gladly provide what is needed.

Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any thoughts on my post above? Anyone else experiencing problems like these?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The first error in WebMediaPortal.log is permissioning issue, but you probably figured that out already. Maybe it's not running with administrator rights?

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll check that and report back within the next days, thanks a lot (no, I hadn't figured that out for myself yet).

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @MrTechno Thanks. I retried, this time I uninstalled 0.5.4 before and made a stepwise reinstallation of 0.6, which now works :)

@all Anyone already using skin files with 0.6? When I set Blueshift i keep getting blank pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom