WebMP Skin - jQui (Updated: 1-2-2013) (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    yes having it work with uTorrent and SABnzbd is something we might be looking at.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Okay.... New release of jQui is on the first post.

Took a lot longer to get changes done due to @Oxan constantly changing WebMP combined with my laziness =)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    ATTN anyone who has already downloaded the updated installers, you have to add a new file i just put up for download, called streaming.xml and place this file in your ProgramData/MPExtended folder

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Updated first post with correct installation instructions for this release as it differed from issues past. I hope to use an "installer" do all this stuff in the future.

First post also holds some new info for jQui and 0.5 users

Also added to changelog:

Alphabetical filtering for movies

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Great stuff! ill be posting a installation video soon to guide people thru the process of getting this running on their PC's.

sorrowuk

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2010
    In the settings screen where you can change skins, Is it possible to switch between jQui and the standard webmp skin.

Or does jQui break the standard skin and you can only use this ?

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    The installation instructions were slightly incomplete.

IIS Express is needed.

Bonjour is recommended but not needed. I had some difficulty/confusion with Bonjour as recommended by MPextended Configurator. The link provided to Bonjour references "Bonjour Printing Service" or some such. I installed it, but I don't think it was of any value. It's pretty easy to point a Browser to the proper machine followed by ":8080"

A restart of _________ is needed. (I restarted entire machine, but I suspect it would have been sufficient to stop/restart MPExtended service.) I assume this is needed to make use of the revised streaming.xml file. Without the restart, several errors were encountered, including Settings crashing.

In the end, the site worked very nicely, but my Android Browsers need help.

The Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) stock browser can't seem to handle the site well at all and is unusable. Opera Mobile works OK, but stalls. Those are the only two Browsers I have at the moment -- will try others tomorrow. Chrome on the PC worked fine.

On my tablet, the "full screen" icon on the play screen is very small and next to Android's "Settings" gadget. Might there be a solution in size or placement?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    glad u got it working (somewhat)
    it is early code, not for daily use and if u do intend to use it that way anyway, expect issues.
    lyfesaver and oxan are hard at work on mpextended and webmp =)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    The installation instructions were slightly incomplete.

IIS Express is needed.

Bonjour is recommended but not needed. I had some difficulty/confusion with Bonjour as recommended by MPextended Configurator. The link provided to Bonjour references "Bonjour Printing Service" or some such. I installed it, but I don't think it was of any value. It's pretty easy to point a Browser to the proper machine followed by ":8080"

A restart of _________ is needed. (I restarted entire machine, but I suspect it would have been sufficient to stop/restart MPExtended service.) I assume this is needed to make use of the revised streaming.xml file. Without the restart, several errors were encountered, including Settings crashing.

In the end, the site worked very nicely, but my Android Browsers need help.

The Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) stock browser can't seem to handle the site well at all and is unusable. Opera Mobile works OK, but stalls. Those are the only two Browsers I have at the moment -- will try others tomorrow. Chrome on the PC worked fine.
    On my tablet, the "full screen" icon on the play screen is very small and next to Android's "Settings" gadget. Might there be a solution in size or placement?

Thx for the heads up, Pat. I appreciate it. As for IIS Express, that is a MPE/WebMP requirement, not a jQui. I was expecting that ppl had known this from previous use. I had not thot about new users coming straight to my thread first, and that is a valid point.

Yes you need a restart of the webmp service (not MPE) so a restart of it (or your webMP site in the IIS Manager for those using IIS, not IISE) another good call, Pat, thx.

As for android browser, I myself like to make sure it works via my mobile browser, but i never use it, as aMPdroid is designed just for Android devices and works awesomely. Here is what I can offer as tips... first make sure Flash is installed if using a flash profile and that the browser u use supports it. Chrome does not work. Use Aurora (beta Firefox).

Glad u got it working and i hope you enjoy it!!! I will be making more improvements soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom