Webradio (1 Viewer)

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to change the StreamList.xml manually and add some streams? Does this need a complete recompilation of the plugin?

You can edit the Streamlist. "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Webradio\StreamList.xml"
    But, in then Moment not all Typs of Streams or Working with the Bassplayer. :(
    After a restart, are the new Streams available. Thats all. ;)

It would be nice, you post the new Streams or the Streamlist.
    I push her then on the Server and all Users kann Update the List.
    This feature is included in the Plugin.

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hope you don't mind but I just discovered this plugin for MP2 and Love it!!
    Is there a way to configure it to show just a specific country?
    Also, while I found a USA station, the information about the station is not english

Select a specific Country is very Easy.
    Select "Filter" in Menu and in the Dialog Quickfilter "Country". Now you can select one of all possible Countrys.
    This is a temporary Filter. For more functions you can create your own Filter.
    Select "Settings" in Menu and in the new Menu "Filter".

Here is the Wiki for the MP1 Version. http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/MyWebradio
    The steps are almost identical.

Screenshot (41).png Screenshot (42).png

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be nice, you post the new Streams or the Streamlist.

I added BestRadio and tested it in MP2. (by the way: what is the best way to choose the ID? Or does it not matter as long as it is not duplicated?)
    Code:
    <MyStream>
          <ID>8642</ID>
          <Titel>BestRadio</Titel>
          <URL>http://listen128.radionomy.com/bestradio</URL>
          <Country>Frankreich</Country>
          <City>Paris</City>
          <Genres>Hits</Genres>
          <Bitrate>128 kbps</Bitrate>
          <Description>Le meilleur des Hits</Description>
          <Home>http://www.best-radio.net/</Home>
          <Logo>http://d1i6vahw24eb07.cloudfront.net/s75738q.png</Logo>
          <Facebook />
          <Twitter />
          <Love>false</Love>
          <Block>false</Block>
          <PlayCount>0</PlayCount>
          <tag1 />
          <tag2 />
          <tag3 />
          <tag4 />
        </MyStream>
    1.jpg 2.jpg

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I forgot to ask. Has anyone make an StreamList Update? And it works?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I finally updated my MP2 installation and installed the webradio plugin as well and it's working great (y) Thanks :)

While using and testing, I also write down notes about issues and improvement suggestions. Most time theses things end up on my personal wiki page, but I'll additionally post them here as well when it's time. ;)

First thing I noticed is the update dialog. There is a similar one within OnlineVideos already. morpheus_xx Could we somehow standardize this by creating a generic progress dialog or progress notification service? There will be many areas this can be used. I created a wiki page about it some time ago: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/in...for_Plugin_Devs/NotificationService_//_Popups
    offbyone What properties should such a dialog provide? Which do you use currently within yours in OV? title, currentitem/description, progress as percentage from 0...100 ....

issue #9: Would it be possible to run the update without pressing the button? Maybe it might also need to auto-update the streams every x hours? Similar to the change within OnlineVideos recently.

At next I tried to add new radio stations. Is there a documentation available anywhere about the xml format? Is it a format from any webservice or other application or based on the plugin's code?
    Reason I am asking for is that I am not sure how to specify some of the values:
    i.e. What is tag1, tag2, tag3, tag4 is used for? How should these look like? single values only or multiple comma separated ones, if so why 1 - 4?
    Are the values for Love, Block, PlayCount lost after updating the stream list? If so might this need separated storage of StreamsDefinition (updateable), playback statistics issue #8 (playcount, playtime, ....) and organization structure (favourites, groups, .....)

It might also be useful to decouple the stats from the streaming list because of resetting a list (by removing the file) to the default one without loosing the stats.
    issue #7: Keeping Localization and Globalization in mind the country might be localizable. So by specifying the country code in Country only instead of the full country name, it might be possible to display Germany as Deutschland on German systems but Germany on English ones.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/system.globalization.regioninfo.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2
    Later this might also allow to display regional or recommended streams based on the user's region automatically.

Would it make sense to allow multiple urls per stream, i.e. for different bitrates or various fileformats?

issues #5 & #6: Would it be possible to define urls to *.m3u or *.pls files? This allows accessing streams via a static url, while the stream provider can change the location of the actual stream file (*.mp3) and only updates the content of the m3u/pls.

When being disconnected from the web (daily provider disconnect) MP2 GUI is getting veeeeerrryy sloooooow while browsing in webradios. Not sure if this is really related to the disconnect. I'll keep an eye on this.

issue #3: When the logo can't be found or downloaded it would be great to either hide the logo frame or fill it by a fallback image:
    20131020_003835.png

issue #4: The menu item to go to settings from within the plugin is nice, but there is no Webradio entry in home>settings>plugins yet.

In general (not related to the plugin specifically):
    I also noticed that there are more and more usages of logos. In the beginning these were radio and tv logos, now there are radio&tv from tv card (SlimTV), video streams (OnlineVideos), radio streams (Webradio) .... and maybe others as well, i.e. other MP1 plugins,....
    For MP1 there is a LogoManager and various repositories storing localized logos.
    Anyway it would be great if someday all the logo management could be done by a central component (plugin) to achieve a common design and reusing existing logos across all these plugins (media resources) without the explicit installation of any logo packages by the user.

A few additional streams:
    issues #11 #12 & 13

Last edited:

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Keeping Localization and Globalization in mind the country might be localizable. So by specifying the country code in Country only instead of the full country name, it might be possible to display Germany as Deutschland on German systems but Germany on English ones.
    +1

Anyway it would be great if someday all the logo management could be done by a central component (plugin) to achieve a common design and reusing existing logos across all these plugins (media resources) without the explicit installation of any logo packages by the user.

There is an related logo issue in Jira already "Download TV / Radio logos on first demand instead of shipping them with MP2 installation"
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP2-342?jql=project = MP2
    /mrj

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Progress dialog in OV uses a Title, progress precentage and a Label for the current Item/Info what is updated. A generic one would surely make sense ;)

BigGranu

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @chefkoch Wow, what a Post. (y)
    I will try to answer the first questions.

Would it be possible to run the update without pressing the button? Maybe it might also need to auto-update the streams every x hours?
    I can make a Setting (Automatic/Manually). But the manual Method should remain.

At next I tried to add new radio stations. Is there a documentation available anywhere about the xml format? Is it a format from any webservice or other application or based on the plugin's code?
    The Format is based on the Application. Not a official Version.
    Any Keys (tag2,...,block,..) ar never used and i will cleared in next time.
    Other Keys (Love,..) are transformed to new Settings. (Favorites)
    Favorites and Filter are saved in separatly Settings.

Keeping Localization and Globalization in mind the country might be localizable.
    Nice Idea. (y)

Would it be possible to define urls to *.m3u or *.pls files?
    The next Version can handle this.;) I have already implemented and tested it.

When the logo can't be found or downloaded it would be great to either hide the logo frame or fill it by a fallback image:
    I will repair it.

Users who are viewing this thread