What does the server do? (1 Viewer)

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry I looked at the wiki and forums (but probably missed it) and can't figure out what exactly the MP2 server does.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, before you had MP on each PC running it's own database and shares and so on.

MP2 comes with that server running all database, shares and whatever could be centralized. The MP2 client is just a GUI, showing what the server says.
That way you can set up a server in your network running MP2-Server and TVServer on it and all clients will get all information about media from MP2-Server and as before tv from TVServer.

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So does this render a SSD worthless while inside MP2? I went SSD for the sole purpose of having everything smoother while browsing my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Any other suggestions for this?
Any other suggestions for this?
I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
Replies
Views
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
Replies
Views
MP 1.32 x64 does not have a 64 bit TV Server but it uses the x86 one but should have upgraded the 1.30 x86 TV Server to MP 1.32(still x86) The fact it does not appear to have done so is not surprise to me, the MP 1.32 x64 installer is far from being bug free. If everything is functioning OK my advice would be to leave it alone and...
MP 1.32 x64 does not have a 64 bit TV Server but it uses the x86 one but should have upgraded the 1.30 x86 TV Server to MP...
As it says....Upgraded from 1.30 to 1.32(64).....but TV Server config remains at 1.30....... MP opens....and declares itself to be...
Replies
Views
Nice you could resolve the issue!
Nice you could resolve the issue!
I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Volume property DE
Thank you very much
Thank you very much
Good evening, Does anyone know if there is a Mediaportal property to report the current volume level as an integer? I have looked...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom