What is the problem...?? (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Decisions, decisions... now we seem to have narrowed it down to the CPU, I sort of suspect that the MoBo may not run such a high end processor.

This means I either,

1. Downgrade to a lower Phenom II x6, such as the 2.7Ghz which is a reduction of 0.5Ghz from the 3.2Ghz one that I'm struggling with.
    2. Downgrade to an Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz, which is an increase in speed but a reduction in 2 cores.

Out of the two listed above, can anyone give me a bit of guidance on which is the 'better' one.

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is difficult to say witch cpu is the best for you.
    What will you make with the CPU? Rendering Vidoes? Photoshop? or what else?
    Then is it better to have more Core's like the X6

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Xetic,

I chose a high end CPU for video conversion. All my recordings get converted to .m4v format to play on smartphones, iPads etc.

The CPU is for a server and it will only be a TV Server as it is accessed by RDC and is headless, and in my basement.

My thinking is-

Phenom II x6 3.2Ghz will not work, so do I go with a Phenom II x4, it is a real downgrade from an X6 so should work.

BUT, The x6 3.2Ghz may be faulty and I could pick up a x6 2.7Ghz this morning at a local shop, not much of drop from 3.2 to 2.7 :confused:o_O:eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom