What new feature do you want most? (2 Viewers)

What new feature do you want most?

• Filtering on the GUI (by genre, year, watched flag, etc.)

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Localization (i.e. multilingual support)

Votes: 36 20.6%
  • Additional data providers (IMDB, impawards.com, scriptable)

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Logo support ala TV-Series (mediainfo.dll integration)

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Better movie backdrop (fanart) support (in GUI, menu to select and download ala TV-Series)

Votes: 63 36.0%
  • Something else (post details below)

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    also a minifeature that i belief can be just a line or two of code to implement...

right now moving pictures can check if the filename has the year included to help on the parsing. ive noticed that sometimes downloaded files have 1 or 2 years error in this info. could moving pictures use this feature but to a "year plus minus 2 years" ???

it will not affect remakes which are very old as year range is way out.

We cant control how a scraper script uses year information when searching for a movie, but with the search results we definitely use fuzzy matching logic. The distance between the year of the possible match, and the year in the search criteria is a factor in the auto approval scoring system, so if the year is off by one, if the title is still very close it still could get auto approved.

even when "ignore possible matches with incorrect year" is active?

ive noticed this is a very usefull option, but maybe having a range of plus minus 2 years would be better

i had a movie that had filename with 2008 and the movie was 2009, after changing the year number it parsed it correctly.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    great i will star it now.

i understand your whole new feature u are thinking about, but i think that a provisional "easier solution" could be a configuration option that says "include unapproved movies"

then movies not correctly parsed will have an entry in the database and appear in the list.

the showing title could be something like:

"UNAPPROVED: Stargate.The.Ark.Of.Truth.(2008).avi"
    Well what you are suggesting is definitely an option, but it reeks of a "quick and dirty fix" to me. The GUI handles a list of movie objects, and files that have not been approved or auto-approved have no attached movie object. So to do what you suggest, we would either have to add a lot of ugly "special circumstances" code to the GUI, or create dummy movie objects for movies that have not been auto approved. The later option might be feasable, but I think it would introduce quite a few problems and wouldn't create the best of user experiences.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    great i will star it now.

i understand your whole new feature u are thinking about, but i think that a provisional "easier solution" could be a configuration option that says "include unapproved movies"

then movies not correctly parsed will have an entry in the database and appear in the list.

the showing title could be something like:

"UNAPPROVED: Stargate.The.Ark.Of.Truth.(2008).avi"
    Well what you are suggesting is definitely an option, but it reeks of a "quick and dirty fix" to me. The GUI handles a list of movie objects, and files that have not been approved or auto-approved have no attached movie object. So to do what you suggest, we would either have to add a lot of ugly "special circumstances" code to the GUI, or create dummy movie objects for movies that have not been auto approved. The later option might be feasable, but I think it would introduce quite a few problems and wouldn't create the best of user experiences.

it was just an idea, if you consider it is not a good option then we will wait for your solution.

I just thought it was an "easy trick" to make it usable.

:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    even when "ignore possible matches with incorrect year" is active?

ive noticed this is a very usefull option, but maybe having a range of plus minus 2 years would be better

i had a movie that had filename with 2008 and the movie was 2009, after changing the year number it parsed it correctly.
    You have to understand that the auto-approval logic is not black and white. It looks at several different metrics and then assigns a probability of a possible match being correct. The "ignore possible matches with incorrect year" option is a special case that forcibly excludes movies if the year does not match. If you do not have this option turned on though, the closeness of the year is just a factor into the score for a possible match. If the year is off by 1 or 2, it doesn't necessarily mean that the possible match wont get approved, it just means it's slightly less likely. Like I mentioned above if the title matches very well but the year is off a little bit it still should auto-approve. If you want it to be more liberal you could adjust the auto approval rate in the Importer Settings tab.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    This thread is from over a year ago and not really relevant anymore, so I am going to lock it.

For what it's worth if anyone is interested in voting on new enhancements, just star the issue on Google Code. You can follow this link to see the list of currently planned enhancements ordered by popularity. Please note that enhancements that have already been implemented for the upcoming 0.8 release are not in the above list (although you can take a peek here).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom