What new feature do you want most? (1 Viewer)

What new feature do you want most?

• Filtering on the GUI (by genre, year, watched flag, etc.)

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Localization (i.e. multilingual support)

Votes: 36 20.6%
  • Additional data providers (IMDB, impawards.com, scriptable)

Votes: 66 37.7%
  • Logo support ala TV-Series (mediainfo.dll integration)

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Better movie backdrop (fanart) support (in GUI, menu to select and download ala TV-Series)

Votes: 63 36.0%
  • Something else (post details below)

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dellaghetto

Portal Member
May 5, 2009
importer

Hi, what do you thin about the "actor role" in the database?

ex.
Robert De Niro as Sam 'Ace' Rothstein

thx
dg

sover

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Great Plugin! The only one thing i wait is Categories in movies list. Good luck!

mjh992

Portal Member
February 25, 2009
Queensland
Home Country
Play the trailer for selected movie.

This is a feature i think would really top this plugin off. I have a lot of movies now and most of the time i cant remember what they are about. im just getting sick of going to and from youtube playin this trailer and that trailer. So whether they be stored locally or streamed (both preferably, in case the net is down, heaven forbid:eek:) :D:D

TheGlassjaw

Portal Member
May 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is a feature i think would really top this plugin off. I have a lot of movies now and most of the time i cant remember what they are about. im just getting sick of going to and from youtube playin this trailer and that trailer. So whether they be stored locally or streamed (both preferably, in case the net is down, heaven forbid:eek:) :D:D

This is exactly what I was looking for today. Originally I thought that all the "my trailers" plug-ins provided this capability, but apparently they are used to catalog and watch trailers, similar to the way moving pictures catalogs your movie collection. Is that something that people do... just watch trailers on their own for entertainment??? Although the trailers are *better* than a lot of their respective movies, I couldn't imagine just wanting to watch trailers all night ;)

mjh992

Portal Member
February 25, 2009
Queensland
Home Country
Yeh stuff watchin trailers all night, although u are right, most of them are so much better than the movies. It would be good though to go into the details section of each movie and have a link or button to watch that respective trailer.:D

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    maybe im doing something wrong and this is already included in moving pictures.

when a movie is not parsed correctly and therefore not approved, it would be nice to still be able to see the file in moving pictures list.

this way, even without movie info, it would be possible to watch the movie. (maybe put an asterisk or a logo representing "not approved" movie)

is this happening already with any special configuration?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    also a minifeature that i belief can be just a line or two of code to implement...

right now moving pictures can check if the filename has the year included to help on the parsing. ive noticed that sometimes downloaded files have 1 or 2 years error in this info. could moving pictures use this feature but to a "year plus minus 2 years" ???

it will not affect remakes which are very old as year range is way out.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country

when a movie is not parsed correctly and therefore not approved, it would be nice to still be able to see the file in moving pictures list.

this way, even without movie info, it would be possible to watch the movie. (maybe put an asterisk or a logo representing "not approved" movie)

This is not possible yet. We plan on implementing something like that in the future though. Basically a seperate view for unmatched movies where you can play them or assign them to a movie based on importer results. See this issue for more details. And by the way, if you star the issue there you will receive email updates as the conversation progress or we make progress in implementation. This also effectively places a "vote" for the issue. We use the number of stars on an issue to gauge the level of user interest in a feature.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    also a minifeature that i belief can be just a line or two of code to implement...

right now moving pictures can check if the filename has the year included to help on the parsing. ive noticed that sometimes downloaded files have 1 or 2 years error in this info. could moving pictures use this feature but to a "year plus minus 2 years" ???

it will not affect remakes which are very old as year range is way out.

We cant control how a scraper script uses year information when searching for a movie, but with the search results we definitely use fuzzy matching logic. The distance between the year of the possible match, and the year in the search criteria is a factor in the auto approval scoring system, so if the year is off by one, if the title is still very close it still could get auto approved.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

This is not possible yet. We plan on implementing something like that in the future though. Basically a seperate view for unmatched movies where you can play them or assign them to a movie based on importer results. See this issue for more details. And by the way, if you star the issue there you will receive email updates as the conversation progress or we make progress in implementation. This also effectively places a "vote" for the issue. We use the number of stars on an issue to gauge the level of user interest in a feature.

great i will star it now.

i understand your whole new feature u are thinking about, but i think that a provisional "easier solution" could be a configuration option that says "include unapproved movies"

then movies not correctly parsed will have an entry in the database and appear in the list.

the showing title could be something like:

"UNAPPROVED: Stargate.The.Ark.Of.Truth.(2008).avi"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom