What remote are you using? (2 Viewers)

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Well.. The iMON 2.4G is a quite small remote(13x4,5x1,5cm). It has not many buttons but it uses two different modes on the buttons. One "navigation/gree mode" and one "playback/red mode".

It can not be uses as a mouse like the other iMON remote I have tried.

It responds very quickly but sometimes when I am far(7-8m) from the receiver it has happened that it uses the command twice. I also has some bluetooth devices and also 802.11g wireless so I guess it may be because of that.. But when sitting on my butt close to the TV I have no problem at all. =)

I use the PCI slot model which uses the PCI slot power and then an USB cable to the internal USB connector on my motherboard.

I have not yet tried to use it with MediaPortal since I just recently installed it.. I just switched from Meedio.

sylvain_swe

Portal Member
April 18, 2006
WebKnight:
Will try straight after putting back together my HTPC, as I'm changing the PSU fan, isolating the HD cage and adding a REAL quiet Everflow 90mm fans in the bottom of the box in order to make it quiet
(Fed-up of PASP, Zalman, ADDA, AC Cooling "quiet fans" :evil: )

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For fumbling in the dark, and position of keys. I LOVE my MCE European remote. Seriously a well made piece of quality equipment, and now its configurable in MP even better.

8)

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Asus remote that comes with Asus My Cinema Dual (7131). Working great now but I had to remap many keys with autohotkey.
    bye
    ammm

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Asus Remote here too. I believe its the same remote that intervideo provides with their home theatre software: I.E. just a straight HID remote that emulates keyboard presses. Play sends CTRL+P for example.

It's a nice remote made functional by AutoHotKey

Luuk1983

March 24, 2006
    MCE remote (european).

Very decent remote, feels like it's a real quality device not some cheap plastic thing.

Works great out-of-the-box in MediaPortal, can adjust the volume of my Logitech Z-5500 by programming the volume keys and can power on/off my TV with the TV button on the remote. Voila: everything I need for my HTPC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom