What to do to Mediaportal for TV Server (1 Viewer)

telpee

Portal Member
May 27, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 2.00 plus latest svn
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Pentium 950 Dual Core
HDD:
Memory: 2000mb
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Radeon X800
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 6.9
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Compro Videomate DVB-T300 Hybrid PCI
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

telpee

Portal Member
May 27, 2006
I have dutifully completely uninstalled mediaportal, reinstalled v 2.00 and latest SVN MediaPortal-svn--10-25-2006--00-59-Rev11316.exe and all went well. Even deleted existing TV cards from configuration.

Then installed SQL Server, TV Engine and user plugin, again all went well and was able to detect Digital Channels from my Compro DVB-T300 (Digital/analog hybrid), but analog channels caused tuning to crash, I understand analog not yet supported so no problem here yet.

I was even able to get the TV server working and stream to VLC with good quality sound and picture for digital channels. At this stage very happy, but when I go to Mediaportal it shows (2.1.0 on startup despite installing 2.00 and latest svn as above) and selecting MY TV does nothing unusual and does not ask for ip address of server as it is supposed to, since I have deleted existing TV cards (I read that somewhere for TV Server but cannot recall nor get back to it).

Please advise how to integrate TV Server with Mediaportal a few pointers on install mediaportla, do this, do that to it and so on

Thanks in anticipation

regards

telpee

Portal Member
May 27, 2006
Found the answer, apart from IP message not given for same cpu as per TV server and client, in uninstalling mediaportal initially I had deleted all files including TV server client plugin, so hence not able to detect channels. Solution was to just reinstall client plugin and select a channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom