MP2 - V2.1 Where are the codecs? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C j

February 12, 2017
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just installed 2.1. WMC skin is great and I look forward to when it's fully functional, it does have issues, eg "TV" brings up guide and "guide" also brings up guide. Nothing brings up liveTV directly and it's a very clumsy navigation through menus to get liveTv full screen video back on the screen. However, that and many other niggles aren't my main concern. At the moment Media Portal cannot play any AVI file. Win media player, VLC etc play the files without issue but Media Portal 2.1 doesn't. I have looked at Codecs within 2.1 settings but there are none to choose from, unlike the previous version of Media Portal. The previous Media Portal played all the files including some that media player would not play. Is there a reason for this? I was hoping to be able to specify which codecs are used to ensure video playback. Anyone have similar or know how to fix it? I am running Windows 10 Insider Preview 15031, would that have anything to do with it? Previous Media Portal on Win10 retail is working fine(ish).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At the moment Media Portal cannot play any AVI file. Win media player, VLC etc play the files without issue but Media Portal 2.1 doesn't.
    Can you post logs please?

I have looked at Codecs within 2.1 settings but there are none to choose from
    You can chose among a broad spectrum of codecs for different media types. This is the respective settings screen (Settings-Player-VideoPlayer-Codecs)

Codecs.JPG

I am running Windows 10 Insider Preview 15031, would that have anything to do with it? Previous Media Portal on Win10 retail is working fine(ish).
    IPossibly. But I can't tell without being able to look at your client logs.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just installed 2.1. WMC skin is great and I look forward to when it's fully functional, it does have issues, eg "TV" brings up guide and "guide" also brings up guide. Nothing brings up liveTV directly and it's a very clumsy navigation through menus to get liveTv full screen video back on the screen.
    Thanks, glad you like the WMC skin. Bringing live-tv up directly is not possible, because MP2 does not know which channel to show. The last channel is not remembered, but I believe that is also something, that our dev's could change by time. At several places it would be helpful to know the last seen channels, for example in home screen.
    The navigation is an issue that I partly agree, but can not do much about. If you got used to original WMC, MP2 feels not intuitive.
    You can always reach Full Screen by pressing the "red" button on your remote or pressing the fullscreen button in the buttom player controls with mouse.
    In case your problem is different, please provide a detailed explannation with perhaps screenshots and I'll see what I can do about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom