where is epg stored (1 Viewer)

Martyvan

Portal Member
June 2, 2016
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello, i have been having so much fun with the epg, if i use xmltv its out by 12 hours. fixed the problem but now mp1 wont import the xml data keeps saying it is already importing. if i use dvbepg which worked fine for the first week but then all of the data was unreadable its like its using an incompatible font or corrupted. my question is, where does mp1 store the epg data. im presuming its in a database but cant work out where it is.

thanks

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Martyvan

Assuming MySQL 5.6 install, C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.6/data is where DB's are located.

12hrs out - sound like a timezone issue?

Cheers - J.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    fixed the problem but now mp1 wont import the xml data keeps saying it is already importing.
    You probably need to be a bit more patient.

if i use dvbepg which worked fine for the first week but then all of the data was unreadable its like its using an incompatible font or corrupted.
    You can't use the DVB EPG grabber if you're trying to get Freeview HD (DVB-T terrestrial) EPG. The EPG data is compressed and TV Server doesn't support decompressing it. Hence the "unreadable", "corrupted" appearance.

my question is, where does mp1 store the epg data. im presuming its in a database but cant work out where it is.
    Yes, it's in a database. To be specific: either a MySQL or SQL Server database. Which one it is depends on the options you chose when installing MediaPortal.

Martyvan

Portal Member
    June 2, 2016
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ha ha funny a stranger telling me i prob need a bit more patience. I have fixed the prob, however i dont really know what caused it. I ended up reinstalling MP1. set everything back up except for purevision HD, ( could pure vision be causing the fault. ??? ). tvguide.xml now imports correctly without timezone correction which btw didnt work. ( forgot to mention in original post had stopped using dvbepg and went to tvguide.xml ) .

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tvguide.xml now imports correctly without timezone correction which btw didnt work.
    Time-zone correction is tricky to understand. It definitely works, though it may not have done what you were expecting. The wiki (manual) gives a full explanation of the correction/compensation settings with examples if you're interested...
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...imezone_compensation_when_loading_tvguide.xml

forgot to mention in original post had stopped using dvbepg and went to tvguide.xm
    As per my previous reply: that's good and necessary if trying to get NZ Freeview HD guide data.

Martyvan

Portal Member
    June 2, 2016
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tvguide.xml now imports correctly without timezone correction which btw didnt work.
    Time-zone correction is tricky to understand. It definitely works, though it may not have done what you were expecting. The wiki (manual) gives a full explanation of the correction/compensation settings with examples if you're interested...
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...imezone_compensation_when_loading_tvguide.xml

forgot to mention in original post had stopped using dvbepg and went to tvguide.xm
    As per my previous reply: that's good and necessary if trying to get NZ Freeview HD guide data.

I did read that. Now its all working again properly i havnt had to adjust timezone compensation, it is being read off the tvguide file which is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom