Which CAM for Canal Digitaal? (2 Viewers)

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Regarding the TVV channels not found during a scan: I had the same problem, one day I decided that I would like a new double LNB, installed it, did a new scan and ... no TVV channels found anymore (they worked perfectly with the old).
I started fiddling around with the disc alignment to get an even better signal, though MP said 100% for signal and quality.
Only 1 time it found TVV, but although strength and quality were 100%, channels were not viewable cause multiple glitches...
Finally put my old LNB back and no problems anymore...
So, in my case, it is signal related, as when I took a closer look at the new LNB, I noticed the signal/noise ratio isn't as good as the old one...

Cheers.

PS. I did the scanning on 19,2 without CAM as I'm using a s***cam

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using the Aston CAM with 2.23 (2.18 gave me problems) in combination with a Mystique Satix-S2 V2 dual tuner. It's working fine except for the membership info which does not seem to update. Last time I used the official Mediaguard CAM from Canal Digitaal to solve it and the problem is now gone again for a couple of months.. it's not ideal.

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Phaedra and Benjerry,

I have trouble with the MTD mode with my Astoncrypt 2.18 card in a CineS2 card. Shall I conclude from this topic that I should upgrade to newer firmware? How to?

Thanks.

benjerry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Phaedra and Benjerry,

I have trouble with the MTD mode with my Astoncrypt 2.18 card in a CineS2 card. Shall I conclude from this topic that I should upgrade to newer firmware? How to?

Thanks.

multi decode with 2.18 worked for me, but it was unreliable. Often, I had to remove and insert the CAM, to make it decode again.
    To upgrade the CAM, you need a specific sat-receiver. Best to check with a (local) dealer of satelite equipment who offers an upgrade service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom