[NVIDIA] Which driver version and why? (1 Viewer)

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Which driver version and why?

So what I would like to know is what Nvidia hardware you have and which driver you are using with it and why?
    I have on board graphics on a Asus m3n78-em, IGP 8300
    With 182.06 driver

I am running the 182.06 driver version because of hdmi issues discussed in this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-hdmi-detection-60706/index2.html#post481101

I tried 185.85 and 186.18 without any success, have not yet tried any 190.xx release

thanks!

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Still wondering if anyone is running any of the newer Nvidia drivers with an 8200/8300 board or if anyone is having any luck with the 19x.xx drivers with a HDMI connection?
    Thanks...

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I've just re-installed my HTCP.
    I use version 191.07, no issues here.

Thanks, From your system specs looks like you run the 8500GT with 512MB, do you power down & up your system, S3 or S4 with HDMI or is it on all the time?

No HDMI handshake issues?

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've just re-installed my HTCP.
    I use version 191.07, no issues here.

Thanks, From your system specs looks like you run the 8500GT with 512MB, do you power down & up your system, S3 or S4 with HDMI or is it on all the time?

No HDMI handshake issues?

I use S3 and do not have any HDMI issues.
    I do have sometimes with the wakeup, but I think it is releated to the current SVN build.

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

I have just installed 195.39 on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 for my 8500 GT.

I was using 191.07 but this did not seem to want to save a PAL setting of 720 x 576 at 25Hz. If I tried, it flipped to NTSC. The best I could manage was PAL 800 x 600 at 25Hz.

I thought I was going to have the same issue with 195.39 as it did this the first time, but now it seems to have applied it. I did have a shaky moment after installing the new driver where the display turned black and white but after a reboot Windows came back as black and white then changed to colour. I have used it again since and hopefully it will be alright until I fiddle with it again.

The initialisation if Direct X seems quicker with this version of the driver. With 191.07 I had to have a start up delay of 30 seconds to stop the automatic start up of MediaPortal failing. I think I could probably reduce this to 10 seconds now.

Mew

bitbusta

Portal Member
    March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Greets,

using the 191.07 with the latest beta svn mp.
    Got only Problems with the Audio over hdmi:

- permanent audio loss on pause/resume video
    - video/audio stop on switch of tv

But both are MP Problems, no problems with MPC-HC here.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Upgraded my video driver (Nividia) to 195.62 today.

So far it looks like Nvidia fixed the HDMI problem with the 8300, system will boot and sleep with TV turned on or off and picture will come back upon resume.

Only strange observation is that with the prior driver HDCP showed the green check mark. With this driver it shows a red X for HDCP and states "your TV supports HDCP but your video hardware does not” Very strange.....

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've just made the switch from Windows XP MCE 2002 32 Bit -> Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit on my Dell computer with a Asus EN9400GT (PCI-E) and tried to create a resolution for 1080p @ 24Hz, but I get an error when I try to test the resolution in the NVidia Control Panel (Forceware 186.18, based on a report of it supporting manual timing =23.976) so the resolution isn't stored. I'm using the DVI output of the graphics adapter with a DVI->HDMI cable. The card also have HDMI output, but as my previous was VGA/DVI only, I've yet to buy a HDMI->HDMI cable to try.

My 42" Panasonic Plasma isn't Full HD, but I've had a 24Hz source connected to it without issues (perfectly smooth playback), so I do believe it's compatible.

Any users running Win7 Ultimate x64 who can recommend a suitable Nvidia driver so I can use 24Hz at last?
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom