Which ports are used by aMPdroid (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to use aMPdroid from outside my network, but can't get it working.

My environment:
    The MPExtended service is running on my tv-server. The server is online 24/7 so there is no need for WOL.
    WiFi remote is also not needed by me.
    What is working:
    I'm able to connect to WebMP from outside my lan.
    aMPDroid is running when my android device is connected through my VPN to my home network, but there I have some interruptions when playing media. So I would like to try without VPN.

What I have done so far:
    Ports that I have forwarded to my server: TCP 8080, TCP 4322, tcp 8017
    Setting up a second client entry within aMPdroid with the url of my domain and port 4322
    www<my-domain>.de:4322
    When trying to connect I always get connection not possible messages.

What do I have forgotten?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I would like to use aMPdroid from outside my network, but can't get it working.

My environment:
    The MPExtended service is running on my tv-server. The server is online 24/7 so there is no need for WOL.
    WiFi remote is also not needed by me.
    What is working:
    I'm able to connect to WebMP from outside my lan.
    aMPDroid is running when my android device is connected through my VPN to my home network, but there I have some interruptions when playing media. So I would like to try without VPN.

What I have done so far:
    Ports that I have forwarded to my server: TCP 8080, TCP 4322, tcp 8017
    Setting up a second client entry within aMPdroid with the url of my domain and port 4322
    When trying to connect I always get connection not possible messages.

What do I have forgotten?
    8017 (wifiremote) and 4322 (mpextended)... Are you trying to access the links from inside the local network? Many home-routers aren't able to do that... Other than that, maybe the windows firewall is interfering?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    8017 (wifiremote) and 4322 (mpextended)... Are you trying to access the links from inside the local network? Many home-routers aren't able to do that... Other than that, maybe the windows firewall is interfering?

I'm outside my network and have tested with deactivated windows firewall. It did not work.
    When clicking onto music or tv ect. aMPDroid tells me that it is sendong WOL packets.

Any other ideas?

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    My understanding is that the connection takes place on Layer 2 for some odd reason. So merely port-forwarding will not allow external access as the server's MAC address is not visible beyond the router. Perhaps one of the developers can comment on why this approach was taken but due to this you'll likely need a full-blow VPN and not just have your ports forwarded past your router in order to connect.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    due to this you'll likely need a full-blow VPN and not just have your ports forwarded past your router in order to connect.
    I have solved the problem with a new vpn device.
    I had problems with the vpn performance while streaming before. With my new device and IP-Sec instead of L2TP I have enough performance for proper streaming.
    But on the other hand it would be nice to clarify why port forwarding does not work.

joxen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

the ampdroid conects tru 8080 in this case not 4322 that is the streaming port ...

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am trying to configure ampdroid for the outside access as well and can't get it working.
    I can access web mp via my router but not ampdroid.
    I tried everything I could think of: https://xxx; www.xxx; plus the different ports at the end of the adresses
    but everytime I try to verify my client I get the unable to connect message.
    So what's the trick?

joxen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    if you use a computer can you login to webmediaportal from wan ?

@RicoHTPC

use http// not https//

whitch router do you have ?

do you use dyndns ? or ip ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom