WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have some real weirdness. Updating to the new version went just fine with the extension installer. I installed MPExtended aswell, so didn't need to do it through the extension installer, but hey.. no worries :D

But when i wanted to watch live tv my screen stayed black.

At first i thought it was my update of LAV filters (updated those to 0.54), but downgrading them didn't help. Setting the codecs to MS-DTV didn't help either. So started to uninstall the other updated packages.

Last package was WifiRemote. When i did the deinstall my live tv worked again. So i reinstalled it and it turned black again. Deinstall and it works.

I could send some logs but i honestly don't know which ones i have to send.
    MediaPortal makes it easy for you: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have some real weirdness. Updating to the new version went just fine with the extension installer. I installed MPExtended aswell, so didn't need to do it through the extension installer, but hey.. no worries :D

But when i wanted to watch live tv my screen stayed black.

At first i thought it was my update of LAV filters (updated those to 0.54), but downgrading them didn't help. Setting the codecs to MS-DTV didn't help either. So started to uninstall the other updated packages.

Last package was WifiRemote. When i did the deinstall my live tv worked again. So i reinstalled it and it turned black again. Deinstall and it works.

I could send some logs but i honestly don't know which ones i have to send.
    MediaPortal makes it easy for you: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files
    well, i thought maybe you'd need some specific ones and not all of them but if you want all of them i'll upload them in a bit.

Here you go :)

Attachments

• withoutwifiremote.zip
      42.3 KB
    • withwifiremote.zip
      43.6 KB
    Last edited:

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had exactly the same problem. Live TV was working fine then I upgraded WiFi Remote and MPExtended last night, went to watch live TV and all I got was a black screen (which wouldn't start full screen either - it started in the "Now Playing" minimised window in the TV Guide) and sound. Going to the TV Screen and then selecting TV now playing (to get a full screen view) didn't change anything - black screen with sound.

I rolled back to before I had updated WiFi Remote and MPExtended (which was an image I had just created before updating) and all is good again. Unfortunately I had also updated Ampdroid Pro on my phone so I guess that won't be working either :(

Sorry I can't post any logs due to having already rolled back :oops:

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It seems that ForTheRecord is used for Tv, is that supported DieBagger?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm that it is happening with Argus 2.0.1. No probs with 4tr 1.7.0, for Argus 2.0 I can't say for sure as I don't know for sure when I updated wifi and/or Argus to 2.0.1.
    Please have a look here

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I didn't have this problem while using 4TR 1.7.01, only since changing to Argus and then upgrading WiFi Remote & MPExtended...

EDIT: I updated in the order noted above but looking at mhoogenbosch's post it looks like the updated WiFir Remote/MP Extended conflicts with 4TR 1.7.01 as well as ARUGUS

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh yeah sorry you're probably right, in all that install/uninstall/recoveroldsys stuff I lost track... I didn't run 4tr with latest wifiremote. Everything seems to be fine with wifi 0.6.0 and argus/4tr...

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh yeah sorry you're probably right, in all that install/uninstall/recoveroldsys stuff I lost track... I didn't run 4tr with latest wifiremote. Everything seems to be fine with wifi 0.6.0 and argus/4tr...
    It does, i've now installed mpextended 0.50 with wifiremote 0.6.1 and that works. When I change to 0.7.0 live tv goes black again. Won't try it again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom