WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This happens because 4TR / Argus pretends to be the MP TvPlugin, but it actually isn't and has a different API. It could help me (though I'm not sure I'll be the one who fixes it yet ;)) if you guys can upload the TvPlugin.dll file from Argus and 4TR.

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This happens because 4TR / Argus pretends to be the MP TvPlugin, but it actually isn't and has a different API. It could help me (though I'm not sure I'll be the one who fixes it yet ;)) if you guys can upload the TvPlugin.dll file from Argus and 4TR.
    i'll try to do that, but is there a reason it works with 0.6.1 and not with 0.7.0 anymore?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i'll try to do that, but is there a reason it works with 0.6.1 and not with 0.7.0 anymore?
    Added features. WifiRemote now sends the current playing channel to the client, which it didn't in 0.6.1.

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First one is from Argus 2.0.1 install and second one is from 4tr 1.7.0.1 RC setup exe

Attachments

• TvPlugin.zip
      1.5 KB
    • TvPlugin_4tr_1.7.0.1.zip
      1.5 KB
    Last edited:

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mhoogenbosch,

seems to be a problem with 4tr/argus that pretends to be the tv server. Wifiremote thinks the tv server is installed and calls methods on it that don't exist on 4tr.
    Will try to find a fix for that.

edit: matching issue on google code: http://code.google.com/p/wifiremote/issues/detail?id=85

Last edited:

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, didn't see oxan already replied :oops:
    The "fix" will be detecting if 4tr is installed and deactivating the tv functionality of wifiremote.

If someone is interested in getting support for this in and also knows how the argus works feel free to send a patch on google code :)

Ragman

Portal Member
    June 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does anyone have a Philips Pronto config available that uses wifiremote? Would be great to use as inspiration :)

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, didn't see oxan already replied :oops:
    The "fix" will be detecting if 4tr is installed and deactivating the tv functionality of wifiremote.

If someone is interested in getting support for this in and also knows how the argus works feel free to send a patch on google code :)
    Okay, well, to bad :) but understandable, i would very much like to send a patch, but can't code :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom